Friends of the Glen

Dan Andrews

NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING

Interested in joining the “Friends of the Niagara Glen” Group?

Based on the positive interest expressed to The Niagara Parks Commission on its draft Environmental Land Management Plan, a special meeting has been planned to establish the new Friends of Niagara Parks – Niagara Glen Group.

This meeting will focus on receiving input on how to start up the new group, to determine action items, and to facilitate open discussion. All interested members of the public are welcome to attend.

Date: November 13, 2008

Time: 7:00 p.m.

Location: Queenston Chapel, 14419 Niagara Parkway, Queenston, Ontario. Complimentary parking on-site.

Please RSVP: By email to enviro@niagaraparks.com or by phone (905) 356-2241 ext. 246

Well I thought this might be of some interest to the pin heads but then a friend explained that this might just be the NPC trying to get some free labour. Their too busy spending all their money on tourist attractions like the 3D theater and now need outside volunteers to protect, restore and maintain the Glen and other parks.

• 2 weeks later...

I think what they need to do is small steps like for example...when they have those little "guided" walking tours ect..not let people bring along disposable drink bottles,bags of chips,candy bars ect...there has been more garbage littered along side all the trails since they started that a few years back, then all the years i have fished down there combined.

That would be one step for sure..anyone who promotes a nature hike should be promoting a no littering policy..I know this is just a small stab in the bucket but baby steps can amount to giant leaps.

Park's Commission gets thier fair share of cash I am sure, they have workers that can do it, just hard to get some fat lazy person who been there for 30 years off a riding lawn mower or out of the donaut box long enough to wheeze thier way down there and do it.....they used to do it, have garbage cans and regular collections in a few spots, and have big crews go down to some areas a couple times a year at least to clean up, there even used to be a group of people that went down there to collect refundable bottles...heck the rubbies from the Falls who go down there and do that do a better job than the people who get payed for doing it B)

Archived