Dunnville Meet Part Two

scottydog

Hey Guys: Went to Dunnville this afternoon. I fished out of Powells. Stopped in to get bait at and met Steve for first time. Great guy. Shot the breeze. Talked fishing. Starting fishing at 2:00pm. Good ice thickness at about 8". Some spots 12". As Tommy said, water was very stained. I fished out in front of slip. About 12 to 15 feet deep. Tried buckshots and jigs mainly. Nobody out was a bad sign. Did not see anybody fishing from dam to powells.Drilled many holes to find deepest holes. Got one at 18'. Moved camp and set up my portable hut. East wind also sucked today. Worked floating jigheads on large slip bell rigs. Had a couple of tugs. Fished til seven. Vey slow. Tried a Whistler Jig with no stinger minnow tail hooked Caught one pikerel at 6:15pm. It was only 10 inches long. Back he went. A couple of smelt also. Also alot of small bait fish coming up the hole. Tough slow fishing. Scottydog

The water looked like the tea I bought on the way down to Dunnville. Use tackle that makes vibration. Either a buckshot or a lively minnow. Since its hard for fish to sight feed for food they will then go by vibration. Think as the fish would. Good fishing. Scottydog

Guest Jeetmuck

Thanks for the report Scottydog.

You made the attempt to fish and got one for your efforts, congrats. When we saw the water conditions, we didn't even wet the line.

Guest Jeetmuck

Quiet was right, as Tommy and I arrived, not one person. We should have taken that immediately but we still had to look. As we left, met up with some others who were heading and started chatting. They didn't even go down when we told them. They asked where we were headed and told em Manness. Tommy and I are out on the river looking in the water and they pulled in again. They waited until Tommy and I were done out on the river, and walked back in. About 20 minutes they waited there. Asked again where we were headed and said they would wait for us to report. LOL.

Archived