Safe Boaters Card - Course Available

Guest fishmaster

Guest fishmaster

There is less than 14 MONTHS remaining until ALL BOATERS MUST have their Operator Cards.

Operator Competency Requirements

How this applies to operators** of pleasure craft fitted with a motor and used for recreational purposes.

Date at which proof of competency required on board

- All operators born after April 1, 1983 - September 15, 1999

- All operators of craft under 4 m in length, including personal watercraft - September 15, 2002

-All operators- September 15, 2009

We are going to be doing Testing on Tuesday December 2nd, 2008 and Tuesday January 15th, 2009.

All parties that are interested should call me at 905-701-6874 with your registration information. I will be able to accommodate up to 20 people per class.

The cost of the course will be $60.00 per Adult and $40.00 per Child. A Safe Boating Guide will be sent out to you a week in advance of the course. The aim of this course is to prepare you to be the best boater possible. As you read through the course material, you will notice that some phrases are italicized. These phrases were taken directly from the Canadian Coast Guard Boating Safety Course Standard. The Standard is a tool provided by the Canadian Coast Guard to all potential course providers so that there is a common basis for course development and accreditation. These italicized portions are the most important points for you to refer to when preparing for the test.

The course will begin at 7:00pm at 776 Main Street East, Dunnville, Ontario and take about 2.5 hours to complete. One hour of review, one hour to write the test and about half an hour for marking.

At the end of the course all information will be entered into the Server System and your cards (2) will be sent to your homes. If you require a temporary card that can be arranged at the time of testing.

Please advise your fellow boaters to get their 2 Operator Cards now.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks

Jen ( Bernadette)

Archived