How many is enough???

packrat

First off would like to congratulate Rick on a great board. My question is this how many fishing boards do we need??? More keep popping up and it seems a lot of info is being rehashed /reposted over and over again. My fav list keeps growing but I find a lot of the info is redundant. What would be the merit of one super board with a category to cover the differnt regions of sw ontario. A number of moderators for one board can be found being a moderator for several more as well. Just my opinion. Later, Gord :lol:

i've got 5 boards i visit frequently.... 2 of them being local boards, 2 being "ontario" boards and 1 being a western ontario board.... i don't find too much info being redundant or anything. i prefer my local ones because i can get out and meet the guys and have a fish with them... the others i just like to read about the new baits/techniques and see a few pics here and there...

I've got 5 that I read frequently. One could be considered my "home" board but it's not that active this time of year.. It just seems that this particular area of Ontario is getting flooded with a lot of boards being created for their own little mini area. JMO Later, Gord

It just seems that this particular area of Ontario is getting flooded with a lot of boards being created for their own little mini area.

Niagara mini? I think not. :lol:

Guest Gill Finigan

I visit around five boards, couple i mostly read and don't post often on. This is the best local board going. Some of the other new boards are just looking for there niche. There's no big money running a board so everyone is just suppling a free service. Enjoy as much or as few as you please. It's nice to have choices

Guest Gill Finigan

Besides fishing, I've got a couple of political and a couple nerdy boards and one oddball board.

10292[/snapback]

Hey Tommy, Does that make you a "Politically correct nerdy oddball angler"

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

You have your boards that sell adverstment space,there trying to make money and don't want anyone posting anything that might conflict with there sponsers,but they earn money from there posters posting free reports,this way attracting more sponsers.

Then you have boards like Rick's that sell adversitement space to recoup there operating money and don't ? mind you plugging other tackel stores,lodges ect.

Then you have boards that it's free for all,and fishing specfic, Trolling Ect :D

Then you have the boards that the Tackel shop owners have,great way to find out about new tackel,ask questions ect.

Is this correct?

BLC Yup that's correct, did you mention the boards put up by local guide services. Skeiner--86 boards???? when do you find time to work :D Like Gil says its nice to have choices to visit or not, just seems like we're getting flooded with them. Pretty soon every burg in sw ontario will be sprouting their own "local" fishing message board. Later, Gord

Archived