One Brown after hours of hard work

fishfight

Sorry for poor quality image using my phone camera, I was too lazy bringing my expensive Canon DSLR camera to avoid the added weight knowing I will be hiking either the whirlpool or Glen, I had to travel light also to avoid leaving any extra stuff on my car for fear of thief.

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd294/b...bum/fishing.jpg

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd294/b...album/fish2.jpg.

Talk about hard work chuking lures. Fish at Port D, then Glen, then Queenston, then back to Port D. From 9:00am - 7:00pm. Forgot my roe and have to depend on my patience and skill in using lures.

Water has decent clarity everywhere, low level at the Glen , surprise to see water did not rise up at all. I saw at least 12 guys fishing at the Whirlpool , a view from Aero car launch site.

Caught this 4-5lb Brown using a rattler at 4:00pm at Port D. Caught it right in front of me and witness it took the lure. This fish has to be dumb enough, while all other smarter ones won't take my grubs or spoon presentation yesterday. They were somewhat actively jumping every so often. There were only few spot that actively produce catch, those who were on the right spot kept on nailing them.

There were at least 15 fish I personally witness landed that day , mostly were brown. By 7:00pm I was alone.

My original plan was to hit one of the eastern tribe/creek, I heard the fish were taking spinners, and quite easy to catch them. Due to the previous day rain, the water got muddy on most creeks. Port D still has tons of bait fish, therefore, still too early for the fish to be aggressively chasing after artificial lures.

not bad better then me im thinking on heading out this weekend since im not in derby by the looks of it i'll hope for some fish great job so yeah great job

Archived