It's on for tommorrow

jwl

Well didn't get a chance earlier in the week to get out for a prefish because of van trouble..I got out today with Cliff, and Bones, and I was the lucky one today. Well lucky until the wife went to work, and now my freekin car won't start...good week for that crap :lol::angry::P

Well at least I got to go fishing today, and worked out pretty good, wasn't much of a scout mission though.. the wind was crap, the snow was flying, 3 footer waves down the river which I took it easy in because we didn't feel like getting wet today for some reason.

The chrome was flyin high today making some wicked leaps out of the water for sure. There where a couple other derby contestants out today as well givin' er what they had in the quest for tommorrow's $$$$.

I started off the day with this guy, at least it got the skunk out of the boat for the day and kept the streak going yet again in the Viper :unsure:

344115713.jpg

And this is what this fellow thought of me after I got it in

344115712.jpg

I guess that was my slap in the face as a forewarning about the freekin newly developed car troubles...and I was planning on gassin up the boat before the wife got off work so I could be a good boy and get to bed early :P

After that I thought I was doing pretty good when I hooked a highflying steelie that kicked my but all the way to the boat...sawm right uner it a couple times,..just when I thought I had it...under the boat it goes..and snap!!!..missed another one a little while later I couldn't connect with, just enough for a couple good tugs, and gone.

Then as we where almost calling it a day..I got this hog....I know Cliff already posted this pic, but what the heck there is a derby tommorrow and this is the kind of fish it's gonna take to win it :P . I might also add...no camera tricks on that one, I was holding it against my chest B)

344115710.jpg

Godd luck tommorrow folks, it's on and chromes a flyin

Got out today as well for a bit for a little pre-fish with a buddy. I let him catch a fish because I'm saving myself for tomorrow's derby. Bundle up kids, it's cold out there.

1121081059.jpg

That's really good to see Rick, that one in the pic been in the river for a bit..lots of fresh chrome action all around today. At least a couple of us boats know where we might peg one off and on what :P:worthy: I didn't even fish where I wanted to today..not much fun with 3 footer waves in the wind splashin ya in the face all the way there when it was so warm out today B)

Tried to give it a go...no drift, wind stopped ya dead in your tracks..if the boat aint movin, and line is going all goofy under the boat you aint going to catch squat

jack that was a derby winner for sure .. sweet hog.. by the way that was MY fish but it just happened to hit your bait lol

oh ya...I forgot you know where to find them and what to get em on too..hmmm B)

Gonna be an interesting day for sure :worthy:

Good job Cliff, Jack.

I am envious and stuck here at work during weekends, Can't fish or join any kind of tournament.

Good luck to everyone, hope the weather cooperates, send those images here regardless!

Archived