Nov 22nd Derby

jwl

I would like to extend a HUGE thank you to everyone who helped make this day a huge success out there yesterday.

For those who are interested we managed to get 17 boats out there!!!!! and 42 participants all together!!!!! :worthy::worthy::worthy: . It all went fairly smoothly aside from some the the usual expected winter boating delays due to slick ramps,cold engine starts ect that are to be expected with this sort of fishing as anyone who uses thier boat in the winter will know.

A huge thanks you to all the participants B)

I would like to extend a huge thanks to everyone who donated a bunch of prizes to help make this day an even bigger success out there, we had a pretty impressive prize pool on the go with some great prizes in the mix for the draws we had

Big thanks go out to: JHM-Reel Serious Charters for donating a walleye charter for summer 2009

Cliff- donating 2 CCRods custom rods

Hooked-donating a Lund floater coat

Denis-Fishin Niagara-donating a voucher for a prize package

Wiser-donation of a spinning combo and streamer package

Get Fished-donated a bunch of stickers to everyone for the derby

Packrat-donated a tackle package

Smokin Joe-donated steelie tackle package and binoculars

JWL-donated Okuma spinning reel and line

Cliff again for donating a bunch of hook and sinker packages

Thanks a bunch, like I said we had 42 participants bringing the cash prize pool up to $420 for the day making the cash payout for biggest steelie and biggest brown a split of $210 each for the day.

I hope I didn't miss anyone on the list, if I did please let me know, I think I have it covered :Gonefishing:

Most of all thanks to everyone for the $210 dollar donation to me for catching the biggest brown :P , that got me the new battery I needed to buy for my car when I got home, was in a bit of a "fix"..just put new alternator in the van on Thursday, then Friday my car decided to quit, so was stuck in my driveway..had to push the car a bit out of the way to get the boat out for the derby...got home, car was a no-go so had to go buy a battery so I could move the car and put my boat back in the driveway....so thanks again, I won a battery for the car, and $110...oh and the voucher for Denis's shop...which by the way..Cliff won at first for a draw prize, he gave it to me as a thanks for the help throwing this derby together....I in turn donated it back to the prize pool..then next draw, I won it!...so after that, I kept it, figured it was supposed to be mine.

Again thanks all, will hopefully have some pics to post in the next while, all pics from my boat where taken on one of my non-boater's camera for the day, supposed to emeail them to Cliff for me,but as you can tell from previous post the Plummer family has been a little busy bringing a new family member into the world.

I would also like to thank Jay and Ashley,Cliff's daughters friends who joined me for the day out there, it was a completely new experience for them to fish like this for the day, and for trout in general, I was happy to lend a few pointers and some tackle to add to the fun out there. They stuck it out with me,braved the cold(for them, I had my coat undone still...lol), I took a gamble and pretty much stayed out of the pack for the last while of fishing..Jay got a nice little brown that I thought was going to be the winner for the day as no browns had really been caught yet this season, that got the skunk out of the boat for the day and the pressure was off,the gamble payed off for me as well when I boated a 26 1/2 incher brown, a couple other fished where hooked for the day but won the battle, and glad that Ashley got a couple second taste of battling her first steelie which was lost just before it decided it was going to jump out of the water.

again..THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!!

I would like to extend a HUGE thank you to everyone who helped make this day a huge success out there yesterday.

For those who are interested we managed to get 17 boats out there!!!!! and 42 participants all together!!!!! :worthy::worthy::worthy: . It all went fairly smoothly aside from some the the usual expected winter boating delays due to slick ramps,cold engine starts ect that are to be expected with this sort of fishing as anyone who uses thier boat in the winter will know.

A huge thanks you to all the participants B)

I would like to extend a huge thanks to everyone who donated a bunch of prizes to help make this day an even bigger success out there, we had a pretty impressive prize pool on the go with some great prizes in the mix for the draws we had

Big thanks go out to: JHM-Reel Serious Charters for donating a walleye charter for summer 2009

Cliff- donating 2 CCRods custom rods

Hooked-donating a Lund floater coat

Denis-Fishin Niagara-donating a voucher for a prize package

Wiser-donation of a spinning combo and streamer package

Get Fished-donated a bunch of stickers to everyone for the derby

Packrat-donated a tackle package

Smokin Joe-donated steelie tackle package and binoculars

JWL-donated Okuma spinning reel and line

Cliff again for donating a bunch of hook and sinker packages

Thanks a bunch, like I said we had 42 participants bringing the cash prize pool up to $420 for the day making the cash payout for biggest steelie and biggest brown a split of $210 each for the day.

I hope I didn't miss anyone on the list, if I did please let me know, I think I have it covered :Gonefishing:

Most of all thanks to everyone for the $210 dollar donation to me for catching the biggest brown :P , that got me the new battery I needed to buy for my car when I got home, was in a bit of a "fix"..just put new alternator in the van on Thursday, then Friday my car decided to quit, so was stuck in my driveway..had to push the car a bit out of the way to get the boat out for the derby...got home, car was a no-go so had to go buy a battery so I could move the car and put my boat back in the driveway....so thanks again, I won a battery for the car, and $110...oh and the voucher for Denis's shop...which by the way..Cliff won at first for a draw prize, he gave it to me as a thanks for the help throwing this derby together....I in turn donated it back to the prize pool..then next draw, I won it!...so after that, I kept it, figured it was supposed to be mine.

Again thanks all, will hopefully have some pics to post in the next while, all pics from my boat where taken on one of my non-boater's camera for the day, supposed to emeail them to Cliff for me,but as you can tell from previous post the Plummer family has been a little busy bringing a new family member into the world.

I would also like to thank Jay and Ashley,Cliff's daughters friends who joined me for the day out there, it was a completely new experience for them to fish like this for the day, and for trout in general, I was happy to lend a few pointers and some tackle to add to the fun out there. They stuck it out with me,braved the cold(for them, I had my coat undone still...lol), I took a gamble and pretty much stayed out of the pack for the last while of fishing..Jay got a nice little brown that I thought was going to be the winner for the day as no browns had really been caught yet this season, that got the skunk out of the boat for the day and the pressure was off,the gamble payed off for me as well when I boated a 26 1/2 incher brown, a couple other fished where hooked for the day but won the battle, and glad that Ashley got a couple second taste of battling her first steelie which was lost just before it decided it was going to jump out of the water.

again..THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!!

Thank-you JWL for organizing a great event!

Cheers,

PD

Archived