queenston today

F,O,G

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

Any ice Rob? It's supposed to turn cold and that usually means the ice bergs start flowing.

Saw your How To on Gill's board,great looking stuff. Are you tying many Rob Specials?

Guest FisherNick

Hey guys I just joined the board I used to occasionally post in the past (pre-registration days) but have now once again decide to be a part. I forgot about this website until a couple of weeks ago. Anyhow went to the Glen today and the water was really clear. Hooked a brown but lost it very shortly into the fight. Was using streamers.

Nice to meet you by the way full of gas...

Anyhow guys ill try to keep a steady stream of posts going especially if i have any sucess in the area.

Hey guys I just joined the board I used to occasionally post in the past (pre-registration days) but have now once again decide to be a part.  I forgot about this website until a couple of weeks ago.  Anyhow went to the Glen today and the water was really clear.  Hooked a brown but lost it very shortly into the fight.  Was using streamers. 

Nice to meet you by the way full of gas...

Anyhow guys ill try to keep a steady stream of posts going especially if i have any sucess in the area.

10363[/snapback]

Welcome FisherNick

Did you catch that Brown on a Rob Special?

I was at port D sunday from 8:30-10:30 without a hit. I should have know when I drove in to see an empty parkin lot. The water was clear, current was just right and the temp was ideal.

Went to queenston using live minnows with a large corkie. Hook onto three fish between 11-12. Lost all three due to flowing ice catching your line while your fighting your fish in close.

The first steelie was only 5 yds from the net when an ice burg came along. I made a big mistake by lowering my rod to allow the ice to drift by. The fish shook the line before I could raise by rod!

Very fustrating fishing that way. I'lll be there with more large size minnows next sunday.

bring on the spring !!!

last cast

I was at PD around noon,just looked down as I was checking the ramp and access to the lake, didn't look like more then a handfull of guys there.

Archived