Conservation Halton Watershed Plan (Oakville, Bronte Creeks, credit river )

jedi jeffi

There are a number of watersheds in Halton Region, Oakville Creek, Bronte Creek, Credit River.

Quote from the site:

Conservation Halton is updating its strategic plan, Towards a Healthy Watershed, for 2009 to 2013. This is an important document as it sets out our priorities for the next five years to protect, restore and manage the resources in our watershed.

A draft 2009 to 2013 Strategic Plan for Conservation Halton has been prepared and we would like your comments on it. By participating in the development of the Strategic Plan you will be helping to make decisions to protect the water, trees, green space and wildlife in our community.

A copy of Conservation Halton's draft 2009 to 2013 Strategic Plan can be found here

http://www.conservationhalton.on.ca/upload...egic%20Plan.pdf

or you can call 905-336-1158 to receive a copy by mail.

You can Provide Comments by attending our:

Public Open House

Tuesday December 2, 2008

6:30-9:00 p.m., presentation starts at 7 p.m. sharp

Conservation Halton Administration Office/ Healthy Watershed Centre

2596 Britannia Road West (just west of Guelph Line)

All comments must be received by Monday, December 22nd, 2008

Unquote.

Conservation Halton site

http://www.conservationhalton.on.ca/ShowCa...m?subCatID=1010

Jeff

No concerns yet, I would like to see them rehab the cement ditch in Milton. But I will put my concerns and pics together and send it in.

Just thought those that fished these waters would like to know and voice their concerns to help portect them.

The more voices the better.

When my kids were young I would take them down to watch the fish spawning runs and bird migrations, I still go.

So close to home but still gives you that "out there" feel.

Not the first time I have written about these water sheds, I wrote the intro in the Halton Rising, wild & Beautiful coffee table book for Oaqkville creek and gave them other info on Bronte too.

It would be nice to save it and not have to pay for the costs of rehab later.

Jeff

Archived