scugog report for jan,22

Guest cplummer

Guest cplummer

Got to Port Perry at 3 PM and had to look for minnows decided on the new shop on water ave.Asked for 3 dozen minnows and was shocked when i saw the size of them when we hit the ice as they were way too big 5" !! never ask for large without viewing them first... They charged me 5 bucks a dozen (must be by the pound) .. Hit my spot fishing around 4 PM ..perch were there by the thousands as seen on the aqua vu... waiting for the night feed not one hit before 8:40 PM then all heck broke loose first we got 1 small eye and realeased it .2 min later i hooked on my best fish of the year got it right up to the top of the hole and it spit my buckshot and oversized minnow right in my face..(no injury) after i got the swearing out of the way my bud yells fish on.. landed a 3.5 lber . By 10 PM we landed 8 fish keeping 4 and losing more than i care to mention due to embarassement ..The minnows were way to big to have control over the jig!! Right before we left i tried using pinners we bought for perch and i put 2 on a hook one on main and one on stinger and before it hit bottom it was fish on landed a 2 lber. Before i figured out that the tiny minnows were 100% better to use than those huge eating size minnows it was time to go.. :angry: all said and done we kept 4 released 6 and counted a total of 12 fish lost at the hole.I will post pics when i take them cause it was too dark and windy by the time we left the bog.my daughter got to hold one for me..

050590.jpg

cliff...

Guest Jeetmuck

Sounds excellent Cliff, can't wait to see some pics and congrats on the catch. I wish I could have been able to join you guys.

I may try and head up tonight after work for 3-4 hours and see what happens. I am definitely heading up with my wife and kids on Saturday for the evening bite as it is the last weekend for fishing up there.

Is the ice still 20+ inches? Same spot we go to?

Talk to you later,

Gene

Guest fishmaster

Now Cliff u need to do that on the Grand but try to get them through the ice dont loose them .maybe u can be on the grand wall of fame next tournament .glad u had a good day on the bog .

Guest Jeetmuck

Hey Chilli,

I know when we go up it is basically just gas with the usual incidentals, pop, chips, coffee. Tank of gas from Hamilton and back about $40-$50 bucks per trip. You can park on the ice off Island road and minnows, well there is two places in town if you don't bring your own.

Ocassionally I will car pool with a couple guys and they always pitch in so it only costs 20 each.

p.s. Almost forgot to add, heading up this Saturday with my wife and kids. Hope to get into some eyes myself. If you are considering heading up with your little ones, maybe run into you out there.

Guest cplummer

thanks for the birthday wishes guys .. Gene i'm havin pic software problems get messenger so i can send you a pic .. I took a pic of the 3.5 lber. The trip is basically just gas $.

cliff...

Archived