A few things...

Guest bigfish1965

Guest bigfish1965

Cabin fever season is officially here, so maybe now is a good time to revisit a few groundrules to keep things civilized.

First,no flaming. Flaming is a personal attack. Debate is fine as long as your are debating the issue and not attacking the person. Keep to the issue. If you resort to name calling, you have lost the argument. Some smartassness is to be expected, so is sarcasm. If you have an issue with someone click that little PM button and discuss it privately. If someone gets over-the-top with you in PM go to your control panel and block them.

Second, NO COMMERCIAL POSTINGS. Rick needs to buy the licensing for this software and pay for hosting (and my annual tech support salary :angry:) and has to rely on PAID customers to do so. People won't pay if they can spam the board. Sell your personal belongings in the Buy and Sell and if you have a business to promote contact Rick. He is very reasonable on the prices.

Over the next few weeks you may see a bevy of activity in closing of topics and editing/deleting of posts. If this happens to you and you wish to challenge it contact Rick or myself and we will discuss the matter with you.

This is always a nasty time of year on the internet and we can only get through it with your cooperation and some big delete buttons.

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson
Second, NO COMMERCIAL POSTINGS. Rick needs to buy the licensing for this software and pay for hosting (and my annual tech support salary :angry:) and has to rely on PAID customers to do so. People won't pay if they can spam the board. Sell your personal belongings in the Buy and Sell and if you have a business to promote contact Rick. He is very reasonable on the prices.

Over the next few weeks you may see a bevy of activity in closing of topics and editing/deleting of posts. If this happens to you and you wish to challenge it contact Rick or myself and we will discuss the matter with you.

This is always a nasty time of year on the internet and we can only get through it with your cooperation and some big delete buttons.

10430[/snapback]

Big

Your saying posts like this will be nolonger allowed, Not Allowed

or that so and so got a deal at Denis's (placename here)

Mentioning tackel bought,or I picked up a deal here or there,or I stopped at so and so and caught fish with it. Not allowed.

Guest bigfish1965

It's no problem if someone asks for help on where to get such and such or whose carrying what line this year. You do not work for Grimsby tackle nor did you receive any consideration for posting about it so that's fine.

If someone owns a store or business, they cannot post about it unless it is relevant to the topic and it is asked for.

ahhhhh

Sounds good Rick. :angry:

10,000 posts for his board (Since July?)and all or most come from the Niagara Region,should bring in some sponsers from our region?!

You would think so Brian, but where are they I ask??  :dunno:

10457[/snapback]

It does seem alittle foolish,that a board like yours with that many members and growing and the exposer this site gets in the region,the fishing knowledge thats here from the shore guys to the boat guys,that know one jumps on board with you.

I could only suggest you need to invest,maybe sponser a fellow that is not only good looking but spends more time on the water then anyone else. :huh:

Or at the next swill,pass the hat. 10 guys $5= APPRECIATION

Did you ever look into getting bigger decals,for boats and cars?

Good looking? That rules out everyone here. :huh:

I'm working with someone right now for t-shirts and I have a few names for other stuff, but basically I get very lazy in the winter and haven't persued it as much as I should be. Heck I haven't even fished nearly as much this winter as I did in the past. I still have to break in my new float suit. :dunno:

As for sponsors, I'm talking to a few potential advertisers right now and will start actively chasing down others to help pay for things here. In the meantime it would really help if everyone clicked on one of those Google ads at the top of the board every once in a while as I get payed per click. Every little bit helps.

Hey Bigfish: Thanks for the up on that. I think the guys using this board won't give you any trouble. We all want to fish and sometimes my fishermans attitude comes out. I think it happens to everybody at sometime. Cabin fever for sure....Scottydog

My signature is "DUKE'S Outdoors Ltd." i believe.  Is this allowed???  Mind you it is not a real business.....but a dream business i hope to start one day.

No problem Duker. What kind of business will it be?

Fishin-nut, that's great. It would make things interesting here to have regular give-aways for members. Thanks and keep me informed. :Gonefishing:

Well Rick, the way i see it there very few canadian made hunting suppies...i think theres a market. Would like to get a shop and some wood woking machines to make wooden turkey/duck/goose calls etc. etc. and maybe make lures/ other stuff.

To say anymore would be releasing crucial DUKE'S Outdoors LTd. secret business information. But you'll be one of the first to know when it happens, haha.

Duke

Guest kingphisher

Hi Rick! Just wanted to thank you for the opportunity to allow all us fellow area angler's to meet on common ground. How much $ is it to be a paid member on this forum board. I'd like to pay. It's worth it. Cheer's! :Gonefishing:

I will take no cash from the members here, this site is just a hobby and it's here to enjoy. However to help pay to keep it going I do make a few bucks from the google ads at the top of the forums when someone clicks on them and i'll probably make a buck or two when I get shirts and hats made up for members but I do thank you for the offer. :Gonefishing:

Guest kingphisher
I will take no cash from the members here, this site is just a hobby and it's here to enjoy. However to help pay to keep it going I do make a few bucks from the google ads at the top of the forums when someone clicks on them and i'll probably make a buck or two when I get shirts and hats made up for members but I do thank you for the offer.  :Gonefishing:

10666[/snapback]

Alright Rick fair enough! Thanks again!

B)

Guest SkeinMachine

Bigfish,I remember awhile back,you mentioned if anyone could find those Fastrac's with the diamond pattern,I picked up 2 today.

050890.jpg

Definately hard to find :lol:

Bigfish,I remember awhile back,you mentioned if anyone could find those Fastrac's with the diamond pattern,I picked up 2 today.

050890.jpg

Definately hard to find  :lol:

11003[/snapback]

And at $25 a pop, you should do ok Skein. That old "supply and demand" thing.

Guest SkeinMachine
because of the rarity it's $25. each tho.... gotta be, $9. for the lure itself and $14. for time and gas lol

11011[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Archived