New York State Reg's Question

bucketmouthjohnny

To the US boys on this site, or any canuck that knows for certain, as a New York State nonresident fishing license holder , can i fish ny state waters with my nephew, he is 11 years old. Does he need a license as well as he would be a non resident also.If Yes , how many kids can fish out of my boat under my one adult non resident license and does it matter if all are non residents? thanks, John.

ps, what is the age up to that a child doesn't need a license

The minimum age requiring a license in NY is 16, resident or non resident doesn't matter. As far as I can tell in the regs, they are each entitled to their own limits of fish as well, not under yours.

here's the link to the license section of the NYS DEC website:

http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/dfwmr/f...ishlicense.html

Tim

To the US boys on this site, or any canuck that knows for certain, as a New York State nonresident fishing license holder , can i fish ny state waters with my nephew, he is 11 years old. Does he need a license as well as he would be a non resident also.If Yes , how many kids can fish out of my boat under my one adult non resident license and does it matter if all are non residents? thanks, John.

ps, what is the age up to that a child doesn't need a license

10431[/snapback]

john. I just called the local D.E.C.office 716-851-7000 (located in Buffalo) if you have a non resident New York state lisence, you can take as many kids as you want to fish, as long as they are under the age of 16. over 16 then are required to purchase a liscence. I hope that helps Alan.

Tommy

I spoke to someone from the MNR because I just had the same situation here. If you have an outdoors card you can purchase the full sport licence and you just have to put the sticker over your conservation licence. You do however still have to pay full price for the sticker. :worthy:

Guest squig69

where can someone get a NY state license in ontario, or do you have to cross the boarder to get it? wouldnt mind getting one to be on the safe side of things when on the niagara. thanks

chris

Yeah, I called mine in. Just have a credit card handy obviously. Very straight forward process, plus you get NY State regulations.

Strange that it runs from October to September.  :blink:

10683[/snapback]

Yeah, I could never figure out the rationale behind our license year either :lol:

Archived