Whirlpool

Guest rumun

Me and my buddy got a chance yesterday to find and visit the whirlpool. It was our first time there, and wow, where we amazed. I never thought a sight like that was so close by, looked very beautiful, just like a post-card picture. We didn't have time to do some fishing as the sun was going down, and we didnt want to get lost on our first time.

Now, i know that the energy/power companies take and pump water in there that increases/decreases the water level, and im wondering if there are any signs when this happends. I am asking this because, even tho everything was covered in ice/snow, i still could see that you could walk around the whirlpool from one side to the other and basically you could fish the whole area in a given time. I am wondering if its safe to fish on the sides of the whirlpool, what happends when water level increases rapidly? Also, what species of fish are in the whirlpool?

As soon as the weather gets better, i`ll be doing some serious fishing there.

:angry:

I believe they don't fluctuate the water levels between Noivember 1st and April 1st... this time of year the water is maintained at it's lower level. When it does fluctuate the whirlpool water level goes up about 15-20 feet and on the shore the change is pretty dramatic ALMOST to the tree line.

Archived