NPC mandate

Dan Andrews

Well I read in the Paper today that the Niagara Parks Commission has reappointed a long serving member.

http://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/ArticleDi...0STAFF%20WRITER

I wonder if the NPC will ever return to its originally intended mandate. To protect the natural heritage of the Niagara River and Parks. Among the returning appointees accomplishments: "Katzman has been around for some of the parks' biggest projects, including the creation of the People Mover, the Butterfly Conservatory, the parkway trail and the construction of Legends.". The only thing I see there that enhances access to the natural heritage while protecting it is the parkway trail. Well maybe the people mover reduces impact as well.

It is also noted that Bob Gale is the next to be either reappointed or cut loose and considering the waves he made, no one will be surprised to see him go. But did Bob Gales waves influence the return of a team player willing to do business?

What do you think the Commissions role should be in business? Should they be encouraging the "Friends of the Parks" to clean the garbage and do enhancement projects for them while they delve into big business or should they stick to cleaning up, cutting grass and enhancing and maintaining trees and natural heritage?

Archived