It's Quota Time

Guest IBC

For those of you on your way out fishing or for that matter going anywhere heads up as it is the end of the month and Niagara's finest are attempting to meet their quota for speeding tickets. This past Wednesday and Thursday there was a car parked at that one church on Geneva Street (between Linwell Road and Scott Street) with an officer on the sidewalk with the speed gun.

I imagine there are a few other popular spots being watched for speeding as well.

Drive safe so you don't become a part of the quota.

IBC

Thanks for the warning... here's a few other places to be careful!!!

QEW Southbound

There FAV: spots are:

• Between Fifty Rd and Cassablanca (there's a few Tim Horton's in that stretch, not that that has anything to do with it.)

• Then around Victoria and Jordan Harbour there REALLY bad.

• And they like to sit Just before the 406!

QEW Northbound

• REALLY REALLY REALLY bad just before and around Jordan Harbour.

• Cassablanca to Fifty Rd.

careful out there

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

QEW Northbound

• REALLY REALLY REALLY bad just before and around Jordan Harbour.

careful out there

10690[/snapback]

Yep saw them there twice last week,they also like to sit up on onramps,you can't see them unless you look over your sholder and up the ramp.

Best just stick to the speed limit,or 10 above it :Gonefishing:

Sometimes that ten above really doesn't work. When they have that zero tolerance look out. I know someone that got tagged doing 104 0n a 100 K highway (406) . For insult to injury roads were fine, 2:30 in the morning and not a sole on the highway. I guess the OPP was getting board sitting by the Lake Gibson over pass.

Guest Jeetmuck

Thanks for the heads up in Niagara, as I am heading to Gill Finigan's today. I see the ones around 50 RD all the time on my way to the park or to Port. I have been pulled over for doing 5 km over in an 80 on 20 road heading from Niagara back to Smithville one night about 4 am , took it to court and they just threw it out, the officer failed to show.

So much trouble for being the DD that night. Gotta love those flashy bars Lundy's Lane.

Another spot to watch if coming into the Falls is the 420 heading to the rainbow bridge. Coming off the QEW the speed limit drops to 80km, then to 60 and everyone is still going 100. They hide on the other side of the Portage Rd. overpass.

Archived