Scugog Report

jhm123452000

Myself and the girlfriend went out of Goreski's today........Had no issues with getting on the ice at Goreski's........The cottage side lake entrance was fenced up thought........We fished 11' of water caught 4 walleye's losing 3 more at the hole I think we ended up with 9 Crappie the picture will tell forsure............Ice was around 8-10"..........Had to work real hard for the crappie any tips or advice on catching them would be great.........Can't believe all the crappie we marked out there..........JHM ;)

349626340.jpg

349626441.jpg

and so it begins ;):angry2: first ice report of the season, nice haul of fish jeff

slip floats tiny jigs tipped with minnows kept up off bottom, with just a tiny rise and fall

action has worked well for us for the crappies. having crappies in our fish tank was cool

they always rise for food, as im guessing the walleye where hugging bottom.

again great report jeff :D

Congrats on the great catch Jeff ;) I agree with Joe and Pauline about the crappie, I'd try keeping them about 2' off bottom jigging maybe 6" and slowly work your way up from there till you find the right depth. If you can mark the depth that will save you a lot of time :D Let me know how it works out man B)

I know you already have the walleye figured out ;):angry2:

Glad to see you found some walleye, most people you talk to up there like useing small baits for the eyes, I found myself I like bigger baits (spoons tipped with big minnows). On the opener I iced 8 walleye in a couple hours all on spoons with big minnows, for the crappie one of the biggest things is finding the right depth, what I do there is take a red marker and once you find the depth you are catching them at mark your line, or use a float.

Court

hey nice going on the fishin Jeff,not bad for the first go at it of 2009,good to hear there's that much ice...might be good prospects at my trailer soon ;)

Myself and the girlfriend went out of Goreski's today........Had no issues with getting on the ice at Goreski's........The cottage side lake entrance was fenced up thought........We fished 11' of water caught 4 walleye's losing 3 more at the hole I think we ended up with 9 Crappie the picture will tell forsure............Ice was around 8-10"..........Had to work real hard for the crappie any tips or advice on catching them would be great.........Can't believe all the crappie we marked out there..........JHM ;)

349626340.jpg

349626441.jpg

Congrats Jeff, a great way to start off the new year! Keep up the good work!

Way to go man, you sure know how to catch eyes! All nice white meat. Guess I shouldn't of canceled my trip up there for tonight, wasn't confident in the Ice reports. Oh well there is always next week.

Good going on the eyes , was a tough go for us started to shallow then moved out to late lol

did however get a monster slab that makes the pics look small

P1030014.jpg

Wish we would have did better with the eyes out there only managed 2 but did get like 25 crappie oh well next weekend

Good going on the eyes , was a tough go for us started to shallow then moved out to late lol

P1030014.jpg

Wish we would have did better with the eyes out there only managed 2 oh well next weekend

Oh man...........That slab is a slob...........I'm hoping to get a few big slabs tomorrow and hopefully a few more eyes...............JHM :worthy:

P1030014.jpg

Wish we would have did better with the eyes out there only managed 2 oh well next weekend

Congrats on the slab Wiser :worthy::( I hope you gave Jeff some pointers ;):D

thats one heck of a crappie i say at least 2lbs the thing is almost the size of the eye there

Scugog is one place i have never fished on the hard water. Wondering when you get there what roads do you take to get to water and where do you get on the ice from? From there how far is it to to get out into fishable waters? Is it a sled thing or can you walk to fishable areas?

I heard if you are not fishing in 10 ft of water you will never get good pickerel action? Is that true? It is a very shallow lake...right?

All of your help and directions are very much appreciated everyone!

Lushis

Archived