Whirlpool

Guest Spoonman

The stairs are about 100 feet to the right of the parking lot across from the golf course (not the aero car lot where you can see the whirlpool) it is near the intersection of the Niagara Parkway and Whirlpool Rd.

When you park there head towards the trees/river, stop at the paved ashphalt side walk(if you head down the dirt path straight in to the trees you have gone to far) head right - about 100 feet. You will see the entrance to the stairs down.

Tightlines

Edward

You didn't say where you were coming from so i'll give you the directions if you are coming from St. Catherines.

Take the QEW to the 405 turnoff just after St. Catherines. Take the Stanley Ave. cutoff and turn right at the stop sign. You will go through a 4-way stop then come to a railway track. Turn left on the road just before the track (I believe it's called Whirlpool Road) and go all the way to the end. Turn left there and you will see a parking lot on the right side right after you turn. Park there and the path down is just to the right. Be carefull down there, it's a little tricky.

Guest Spoonman

Thanks very much rick, what would suggest to try. I am taking my float rod and a spinning rod. Should I pick up some minnows or do pinkies and streamers and spawn do the trick.

cheers RIck

Guest Eyelike2fish
Thanks very much rick, what would suggest to try. I am taking my float rod and a spinning rod. Should I pick up some minnows or do pinkies and streamers and spawn do the trick.

cheers RIck

10732[/snapback]

I would suggest stretching before the steps and Absorbine Junior after the stairs down. Just kidding. Have fun and be safe.

Steve

Guest Gill Finigan

Here's the best tip you'll get. Go to a lookout point and check ice conditions before the walk down. You can view the pool from look out at both sides of the areo car. Really stinks to walk down and find it unfishable.

Archived