Saturday Scugog report

Guest Jeetmuck

Guest Jeetmuck

Headed to Scugog on Saturday morning for the afternoon/night bite on the Bog with my wife and kids. Beautiful day weather wise but a little windy. Ice was at least 24 inches thick maybe more and fished right beside the truck (comtemplated just fishing out of the back)

Perch were thick and eating everything in site and took it as a good sign for the evening. We caught probably 40+, I stopped counting but all went back in, I had my fill of perch this winter.

About 5:30-6:00 pm, a wicked cold dropped in...must have dropped at least 10 degrees in that hour and the fish completely shut down. Had the Aqua-Vu I rented from Gill Finigan down and the fish were still there but hugging the bottom in the weeds and wouldn't budge for anything. Kept plugging away, started getting dark and we continued to fish, you could still see fish with the Vu and marking them with the Vex but nothing would take.

Called it an evening at 9 p.m. and headed home. The weather must have had something to do, perhaps a high pressure ridge but nothing would budge after 6 p.m. The ice was packed with other but everyone started leaving around the same time. Only two more days left up there, looks like I am going to have to wait until May now.

Archived