bear point access?

Smitty

hey guys just wondering if anyone here has any info they can give me on fishing bear point [lake simcoe]. i want to try to get out to the trout and whitefish grounds but don't have a sled and was wondering how long of a walk it is?

hey guys just wondering if anyone here has any info they can give me on fishing bear point [lake simcoe]. i want to try to get out to the trout and whitefish grounds but don't have a sled and was wondering how long of a walk it is?

the walk isn't that far, I'd say 20 minutes

thanks ill be trying out of there this weekend and will report when i get back

I can't remember but I think when you go out you want to go right, I'm sure you'll see the locals on their sleds there. I think its a shallow 40 ft shoal, you can also venture out into the deep water towards the middle.

Good luck

thanks snoryder is bear point the same as big bag point and do you know a road to access and park?

Big Bay Point is at the tip of Kempemfelt bay & bear Point is in Kempenfelt bay a bit.I fish a tourney in Kempenfelt Bay on the ice & Bear point is not too far away.Never fished either place but talked to a local who filled me in.If you got access to a Lake Simcoe map both places are on there .Thats all I know.Forgot to add ,they are like 5-10 min. away from each other,by vechicle

thanks snoryder is bear point the same as big bag point and do you know a road to access and park?

There is no park at either of these places. You have to find parking on the road but their is access to the lake. BBP has a small parking lot but you better get there early.

Sorry I don't know the road names, I just know how to get there. But you can easily look it up on the map and when you get to the area, you'll see the cars parked.

Good luck

There is no park at either of these places. You have to find parking on the road but their is access to the lake. BBP has a small parking lot but you better get there early.

Sorry I don't know the road names, I just know how to get there. But you can easily look it up on the map and when you get to the area, you'll see the cars parked.

Good luck

Archived