Queen Waldorf doesn't get justice

Dan Andrews

http://niagarafallsreview.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1445553

I don't think this dog got justice and the ARA's are probably happy. Why? Because now they can go back on the tougher legislation lobby train. This guy shouldn't be allowed to have pets in his home period! The judge failed us or was it the SPCA officers who exaggerated the evidence?

Once again the animal rights people and the newspaper have delivered the exaggerated truth. I have yet to see a picture of Queen Waldorf with weights tied around her neck or to her collar. The only picture I saw was of the weights tied to the end of a rope about 6 feet long. No different then tying the dog to a tree.

However that doesn't sell newspapers or animal rights friendly legislation. And lets not forget the pictures and story were originally provided by none other than the two disgraced SPCA officers that have since been relieved of their duties for not allowing 2 dogs to be adopted by a Stevensville women because she wanted to keep these large breed dogs in a heated barn. In fact these two officers lobbied from within the Niagara Falls SPCA for controversial animal cruelty laws while calling for the scrapping of tougher legislation that would help bring tougher sentences to people like Joseph Cote.

The sad fact is this dog is serving as a spring board for animal rights groups calling for legislation that will allow fanatic animal rights activists in a position of authority within the SPCA to enter your property without a permit amongst other new powers. The other sad fact is that Queen Waldorf had a rope growing into her neck (not sure whether to believe the paper now) and was left abandoned and did not receive justice. If this man neglected and abondoned his animal, there should be no pets in his home, ever again. If that was an amendment to current animal protection legislation, I can't imagine anyone not jumping on board.

I hope the 170,000 people who signed the petition realize exactly what it is they signed on for. If you love your pet think before helping animal right groups get their way. They don't want you to able able to own a pet and Cote's light penalty just helped their cause.

That's one of my problems with the media. The more you say something, the more it becomes common truth and the media doesn't check credibility of their sources if the source consistantly provides material that sells papers. It has become fact that those dumbells were hanging from the poor dogs neck at the side of a freezing cold river and your left to put the two pictures together. Obviously Cote tried unsuccessfully to drown his dog.

The fact that Valerie Brown recued an abandoned dog with rope growing into its skin was not the focus of the story. It should have been but Val decided to sensationalize the story into something else. Despite my pointing this out to the papers, they refuse to omit the ARA propaganda. The pictures clearly show the weights behind the dog but those pictures didn't sell papers.

waldorf.jpg

I don't know. Maybe the humane society and the papers can't tell a dogs head from its ass. It would explain why their credibility has gone down the toilet.

Just some imformation Val Brown no longer works for the Niagara Falls Humane Society. She got fired. Because the people that were her bosses didn't like the way she ran things.

That was in my second post. I've talk to the interim manager and he seems like a reasonable guy. He's agreed the NFHS doesn't need to get into politics. Their focus should be on helping cats, dogs and other domestic pets.

Talked to Tony Ricuto today about sensationalizing the story. I suggested a few new headlines to sell papers such as "2 of 3 charges dropped on Waldorf case because SPCA fabricated story". He was unapologetic due to the fact that the joint submission put forward by the Crown to drop the charges came without an explanation. I told him even the Queen Waldorf web site shows the picture of the weights behind the dog and if I see the story resurface with the weights hanging off the dogs neck one more time, it will go to all the papers as sensationalism.

There's a huge story here waiting to be broken but the papers don't want to sell papers off their own back. These two SPCA officers may have provided exaggerated evidence that resulted in dropped charges. I don't know maybe the over reporting of this misinformation was a contributing factor. If Joseph Cote has been threatened because of this it might make the paper responsible. Either way, Waldorf was neglected and Abandoned and is now in a better place. Lets hope the other 2 dogs in Cote's house don't end up in the same situation.

Archived