Any other tackle shops .........

jhm123452000

Guest Gill Finigan

My unit is out now, won't be available till Wed morning. Hope you didn't drive into the falls to find us closed. Old Gill needs one day off to go fishing too :lol:

Steve - check CDN Tire - I walked in to one of our local ones here in the falls and p/u a Daiwa M2 (single action, disc drag) for $14.99 regular $60.00 :lol:

Nobody seems into mooching here in the Pennisula - for that price I thought I try it out as a poor mans float reel on the lower niagara and if it didn't work I assumed some avid salmon fisherman might part with the 18.00 bucks (with tax) that it cost me.

I don't see a lot difference between he Daiwas and the Shimanos other than the label. :lol:

Edward

P.S.- check with Reg he does come up with some really good deals. I enjoy shopping there

Not yet, I have been using my spinning reel for now. I have found that the cold winter temperatures causes a lot of little technical difficultys,i.e. frozen beads that don't slide, frozen float stoppers that won't pass through iced up guides. I felt it best to wait until it warms a little and then I will be able to judge if the reel will cause more or less drag than the current spinning reel I use. Then I can make an intelligent decision as to keeping it or not.

Tightlines

Edward

P.S. - I worked for about six months up in Guelph ( Merit Glass) and was told you have a ton of little trout streams all over the place. Do you fish any of them?

Archived