March 28th-Niagara River Steelheaders Derby

jwl

Hi folks, I am just starting up a thread for boaters I have interested in the day so far. I am doing this so I can see how many boats I can get committed to the day and also how many seats may be possibly opened up to non-boaters. We of course will try and seat as many non-boaters as possible, but in order to do this, we need committment from the boaters first.

Anyone interested as a boater please reply to this thread..let me know if you already have a full boat or can open up any seats for the non-boaters.

Like last time, this is a fun Derby, we had 41 people enter and everyone had a great time, there where some great prize donations as well. Anyone willing to donate a little something toward a prize pool please feel free to shoot me a message in regards.

I will try and keep this list as updated as possible, I have been getting some great response on NRS and hope that some boaters from NFN are interested in the day as well.

Here is a list I have so far, need to get a few details, but I wanted to start it up so we get an idea of participants and how many non-boater seats I can open up.

Thanks for checking this thread out, and please remember only BOATER replies please, I will update the list as more people join in and confirm thier commitment for the day as well as any open seats :):Gonefishing:

Me-JWL- confirmed-2 possible open seats(3)

Wiser-confirmed-full(2)

JHM-confirmed-full(2)

Smokerm- confirmed-1 possible open seat

Joe-confirmed--full(3)

Ham & Eggs- 1 possible open seat(3)

Paul-Cast Adventures-confirmed-full

Anythingthatswims--confirmed-1 possible open seat(3)

Smitty-confirmed-full(3)

Evil Monkey-confirmed-full(3)

JasonF-confirmed-full?

GetFished-confirmed-full-(3)

MrHoss-confirmed-full-(3)

Pete Elphinstone-pending-full (3)

racefan-confirmed-full(2)

Walleye-confirmed-room for 1(3)

tombo-confirmed-room for 1 non boater (3)

I haven't had my little Lund out all winter, but what better day to break her back in. I have a 16ft Lund w/ a 50 tiller capable of holding one non-boater. I'm in, just as long as everything is in good working order. Otherwise, i'll be bugging Captin Cast Adventure for a seat in his ship as a non-boater (unless he is working).

I will notify prior to the deadline if I can commit as a boater.

I haven't had my little Lund out all winter, but what better day to break her back in. I have a 16ft Lund w/ a 50 tiller capable of holding one non-boater. I'm in, just as long as everything is in good working order. Otherwise, i'll be bugging Captin Cast Adventure for a seat in his ship as a non-boater (unless he is working).

I will notify prior to the deadline if I can commit as a boater.

cool try and let us know in the next week or so if you can commit to the day and if you are willing to take someone else aboard with you :Gonefishing:

also Wiser..got ya as full already too bro :)

come on folks..over 1100 members, and so far only 8 of us have boats :)B):Gonefishing:

The guys who are already signed up are pretty avid winter steel anglers who have been on the fish for the last couple months, so it should be a pretty good fun competition for the day. :o:)

Still alot of ice floating in the lower??

it's hit and miss by the day, was good today from what I hear, by the time the end of the month rolls around it is not going to be an issue

:blush: Insurance doesn't allow most of the bassboats out until April 1st.....

ya I realize that sucks for some people all the way, luckily through Statefarm, I am good all year long

We just tossed the idea around with a couple people since like not even 2 days ago, but part of the reason for dates too is to get somehting on the go before the G&F derby starts, that way there are no issues with everyone aboard having to have a ticket for example, and before others may start in different derby/tourny ideas as well like the pike tourny you guys in the B.A.S.S have, and also other fun days like RobD wanted to try and put together as well.

It's still a good time of year for numbers on the river, and some huge fish to be caught

Over the weekend I will put a more formal post up in regards to a few more details regarding the derby and will open up seats to non-boaters as they come in.

It's always hard to try and place everyone, last time I think we had to leave 14 people out becasue all the boats where full and non-boater responses way out numbered the available seats..we had 17 boats with 41 anglers entered in November...as of now I am already more than half way to those numbers and expect it to gorw over the next week or so.

be patient with me folks as this pulls together to be another great day on the water with some great people B)

State farm in my opinion is the best insurance to have. Depending on the ice conditions I might try it out. Lookin to get schooled by the steel headers!!

it's not a big cut throat thing Pete, we all share tactics and fishing areas ect throughout the day to keep it fun and make it so everyone has just as much of a chance as everyone else does,I have about 25 people so far in 9 boats and growing B)

cool try and let us know in the next week or so if you can commit to the day and if you are willing to take someone else aboard with you B)

also Wiser..got ya as full already too bro :blush:

Good News! Everything is in good working order on my boat as far as I can see. Fired up the motor in the driveway and she's purrin' nicely, electronics are good to go too. I've got a non-boater interested in fishing this derby with me as well. Count me in...100%.

JF

Good News! Everything is in good working order on my boat as far as I can see. Fired up the motor in the driveway and she's purrin' nicely, electronics are good to go too. I've got a non-boater interested in fishing this derby with me as well. Count me in...100%.

JF

excellent..I know you said you have a non-boater with you..are you full or room for anyone else?

11 boats and about 27 entries so far :worthy::Gonefishing:

I will make a post tommorrow with times, locations to meet up ect as well as some simple rules :)

excellent..I know you said you have a non-boater with you..are you full or room for anyone else?

My boat only has one real seat for the guy driving (its a tiller). It's much too small of a vessel to safely handle three bodies in it on the Niagara River. If I was on some small flat water, it'd be a bit different.

I've had three guys in it before on the River and it wasn't fun.

this is shaping up excellent folks :worthy: so far I have 13 boats with over 30 participants and growing all the time!!!!!

please be sure to look through the other thread with the details on the day

shoot me a message if you have any questions.

Also for those that have said they would donate something to the draw prize pool, shoot me a message and we can make arrangements to round it all up!!!!

thanks for the awesome response everyone!!!!

I look forward to sharing another great day on the water with everyone :Gonefishing:

Team Salmonoid will be there. I'll be at the meeting place earlier this time. Last time we got there on time but i was so tired that i left my float suit on the street at home. Had to drive all the way back to welland. Not bad though, 30 minute return trip towing the boat!!!! Whats up 145km... nice to meet you. lol Anyway stoked to get out there, last time was a great time with a good bunch of folks

Team Salmonoid will be there. I'll be at the meeting place earlier this time. Last time we got there on time but i was so tired that i left my float suit on the street at home. Had to drive all the way back to welland. Not bad though, 30 minute return trip towing the boat!!!! Whats up 145km... nice to meet you. lol Anyway stoked to get out there, last time was a great time with a good bunch of folks

I got ya down, I talked to Hellfish yesterday he said you guys where in

comin to take more prizes? :lol: didn't between you and your brother win a couple things...The Walleye Charter from jhm-Reel Serious Charters, and a custom rod build from CCRods last derby ? :Gonefishing:

I am planing on being there but I can't make a decision until the day of. The ice conditions on the river will be the deciding factor. If conditions are good I will have 3 people in my boat, including myself.

Pete

Thanks Pete, we will have up to date conditions on the river for then no probs :lol:

Anyone who is entered in the derby that is willing to kick something in for the day to add to the draw prize pool,please shoot me a message in regards.

Thanks a bunch to everyone who contacted me so far, we are building up a few donations that will add to the day's fun :)

These will all be draw prizes, every paid contestant will be given a playing card at registration, this is to be kept until the end of the day when we meet back up to do prizes. Cards will be drawn for prizes :)

15 boats and growing folks!!!!! thanks for the great response

can the boaters who confirmed, but said they had open seats pending please let me know ASAP please if they still have available seats

thanks a bunch everyone

Jack

Archived