March-Niagara River Steelheaders Derby

jwl

I thought I would update this with some rules

most people who already participated in the Nov derby already know we like to keep it simple

here goes.... Everyone is to meet up at the Timmie's parkinglot once again for 5:30am-6am just like the last derby, this way entry fees can be collected,a few details sorted out then head off to the river...this is to ensure we get to the ramp in decent enough time to get the boats all in as close to starting time as possible....."once "registered" for the derby you may proceed to the ramp and start your day!!!!

Approximate times for the day will be a 7am start to 2pm finish, I feel that this time, maybe a few hours extra fishing might be fun for the day as some people are coming from out of town and might enjoy the extra time on the water!!! This is everyone's derby who enters so feel free to give me some feedback on this. At the end of the day we will all meet back up in the Timmie's parkinglot where prizes will be awarded and draws will take place

Cash Prize will be awarded for 1st and 2nd biggest(length) steelhead only this time!!!! and will be split 60% for 1st and 40% for 2nd=100% cash payout according to entry fees collected.

All fish must be accurately measured and a clear picture taken on the fish with the measuring device.(ALL boats will recieve a measuring device upon entry so that every boat is using the same measuring device!!!) All entries will be judged at the end of the day, in the event of a tie, the entrant.s names will be places in a draw for the cash prize. In the event of a dispute, this will be settled by a few of the participants being asked to view the pictures and make a group judgement at the time if applicable.

All entrants will also recieve a playing card once they are signed up, hold onto this card at the end of the day there will be some draws for random prizes!!!

Start and finish times are approximate depending on how long it takes to get all the boats in and out of the water as timely and safely as possible.

Fishing is open to Canadian waters only and below the bridge/dam area, this is to keep it fair to all particpants who have smaller boats,smaller horsepower engines,and may not have a valid US fishing liscence.

Live bait will be allowed

I would like to think that we are trying to promote C&R for this derby, but participants may decide they want to keep a couple for the table....keep in mind that this derby is judged by pics with a tapemeasure so retaining fish for a "weigh in" type thing is not neccessary the fish can be CPRed on the spot at the time.

Entry fees will be $20 per person

Organizers are in no way responsible for any loss,damage, or injury incurred during this event

let's get out there and have some fun!!!!

If you guys think I left anything out, or would like to add somehting just shoot me a message!!

thanks again

Jack

yeah what about shore fishing can we do that to jack just so people who cant get on a boat can fish the shore at least

yeah what about shore fishing can we do that to jack just so people who cant get on a boat can fish the shore at least

not quite sure how that would work, we thought about it, but in reality there is limited area to fish, and it will already be busy with the usual weekend warrior crowd, it's just not the area for it :dunno::)

guys i really want in this tourny!, i recently had surgery on my knee so shore fishing is out! if anyone got a spot in their boat please let me know!! call my cell phone! 289-228-3339!!

thanks,

Jay

guys i really want in this tourny!, i recently had surgery on my knee so shore fishing is out! if anyone got a spot in their boat please let me know!! call my cell phone! 289-228-3339!!

thanks,

Jay

just waiting on some more boater response before I can open up any available seats <_<

LIke christmas to u eh wizer.lol. hope i can get out for a bit, may not be in the tourney, but to see how its done, cause im sick of catching nothing but a whole lotta nothing. I see everyone's picks, and man need to catch me one BAD. Too all, good luck in the tourney and hope to see u on the water. Well...on the shore.

Archived