float fishing niagara info needed??

snoryder

Tomorrow I'm holidays and we're spending some time at the falls. Niagara fishing is new to me and so far I've been doing ok bottom bouncing the queenston area for the past couple of years. I'm going bring out my centerpin this week to floatfish the pool or glen area. Any suggestions? Is a 15 ft lead with a slip the correct setup? Does Peter's tackle have decent slip floats for this?

Thanks

Peters will have everything you need to get setup to float the pool I use a 11 or 20 gram piker , bulk shot my float, but everyone does it different down there and I'm really new to it too so I may be doing it wrong as well lol

Try starting at around 10' and adjust from there. 15' is a little deep for most floatin' pools in the glen. If you are slip foatin use 10-20 gram slips and you will have no problem gettin down to fish. I like to spread the shots over about 7-9'including floro leader and have the rest slip to the desired depth

11-15 ft for the whirlpool. anywhere 8 to 15+ in the glen. I use an 11gram slip or fixed with shot to set the float and then a progressive pattern down to lead line. I would use minnow patterns this time of year as they will often out produce roe. In the Glen I would definately pack a larger slip like the guys have already stated. The flows in the Glen are definitely more powerful in spots. If you are using minnow immitations your depth can vary as the fish will move up in the water column to eat it. Where as with roe, you will need to be more precise with the depth. Hope this helps!

RoeBaggin

P.S. The guys at pete's will hook you up properly for your needs.

Archived