Lake Simcoe Meet and Greet

scottydog

Any you guys going to the meet and greet at the pines on Simcoe. Good times and great prizes for fish. Only ten bucks to enter. Starts at seven. I'm thinking of going. Nice way to meet some other fisherman and learn a few ideas about Simcoe. If I go I will post results. More info at Lake Simcoe Message Board.Good fishing. Scottydog

Guest Jeetmuck

Hey Scottydog,

I will be heading up with a buddy or two for the M&G. What time you heading out?

I am trying to make the parking lot for 5:30 a.m. or so. Should be lots of fun.

Maybe see you up there,

Gene

Hey Gene: I hope to be there around 6:30 to 7:00. I'm leaving Niagara around 4:ooam. Hope to meet you there. If you want to meet before, we could meet at the rest stop on the 400. I will be getting bait there. Let me know. Scottydog

Guest Jeetmuck

I am leaving Hamilton around 4 to get to the parking lot by 5:30 -6 a.m., registration starts at 6 and fishing at 7. I usually pick up minnows in Hamilton the night before.

I have a lead foot so I may be there a little earlier if I don't stop for a coffee. What rest stop are you talking about? I don't recall one that sells bait. I hope to get there a little early to get my stuff in the toboggan and relax a bit before heading out. I would be happy to meet up.

I think I am going to rough it for the day, weather is calling for 0 degrees that day and looks like little wind with a steady barometer.

Jeetmuck the rest station on the 400 is the Petro Canada one big red building. It also has a bait shop behind the gas bar. We stop at the Husky's just before you get to Cookstown exit (#89) good breakfast. I also heard that the Pines will have bait, but It's probabley better to bring your own shiners.

Guest Jeetmuck

Thanks Fishin-Nut,

I usually stop at the Husky, love their breakfast. As for minnows, I usually bring some when I head up to Simcoe from FW here in Hamilton. Usually have med/small (2-3 inchers) for deadsticking or tip ups but mainly use a lot of jigs without tipping them.

Hey Guys: Looks like I will be leaving Niagara around 4:00am. Stopping at 400 rest area for bait and coffee. Hope to be on ice by 6:30. Is this mainly perch fishing or are there other types of fish being caught at the Pines. Have not fished there. Hope to see you guys. I will be driving a black extend a cab Sierra 2004. Good fishing. Scottydog

Guest Jeetmuck

I lost my favourite lure the last time out. Haven't found a replacement yet...Black and gold BB size 7 or 9...Gonna have to hit FW tonight or maybe drive out to BPS for the evening. God I love that place. See you guys out there. By the looks of the weather, we may be in for a beautiful day.

I lost my favourite lure the last time out.  Haven't found a replacement yet...Black and gold BB size 7 or 9...Gonna have to hit FW tonight or maybe drive out to BPS for the evening.  God I love that place.  See you guys out there.  By the looks of the weather, we may be in for a beautiful day.

11355[/snapback]

I and MSM will be leaving Niagara at 3:45 in a green GMC pickup with a cap.We have to pick up my brother in Mississauga and hope to be up there by 6:00.

We will be bringing the mooses sausage. See you up there.

Mooseslayer.

Archived