Nortons Walk-Point Abino Ice

scottydog

Took Norton for a walk down to the ramp at Crystal Beach. Lots of ice. Bay is frozen over. Also drove over to BYC. Ice does not look safe yet. With this cold snap we might get some perch through the ice yet at Abino.....Good fishing. Scottydog

Guest cplummer

no wonder the poor dog keeps falling in .. you keep getting norton to check the ice for you !!!! i just let jeetmuck walk ahead of me cause if he ain't falling in nobody is :-)

Guest chilli

Seems strange the Bay would freeze before the slip. I was wondering about west of the CB boat launch. Are you sure there is plenty?

Hey Chilli: The ice is there. Also BYC has ice. I believe it is not real thick anywhere.But with a cold snap and no wind we might be good to go in a week. Take extra caution when checking it. I did not walk on it. Good fishing. Scottydog

Guest Jeetmuck

Thanks Cliff... :P

I have a bookmark somewhere for satellite images of the lakes. If I can find it I will post it, gives a fairly uptodate pic of the lakes and conditions and you can usually find most of the local areas there if it is a good day for a picture that is.

I will edit this post when I find it

See ya's

Archived