Fishing Buffalo or Rochester NY

fishfight

Need help or info on where to fish just across the border Buffalo.

Either we go to buffalo lake erie or to rochester lake ontario area? I was at rochester NY 4 weeks ago and saw 50 guys trying to fish for perch, the water was dirty from previous day wind or rain and have not seen anyone caught anything.

One of my NY American buddy, who is trying to learn to fish, wanted to fish at the same time dropping the ladies off to either the Galleria Mall or a rochester mall.

Does anyone have any suggestion where to start? We can aim for trout or bullheads.

I tried to google Rochester area for fishing report and they do not have a decent fishing report as nice as ours.

I am not even sure where to start in the buffalo area. We plan to stay for the night and fish again saturday

Thanks

I had investigated the fish stocking program in Rochester NY area when i was there few days ago.

The best place to fish for River Salmon around September is in Oswego and Salmon river, one hour east from Rochester and 4.5 hours from Toronto.They stock Few hundred thousand every year around APril months. I believe the Salmon being caught at Port Hope, east of Toronto area, come from that US side of the river, attached to Lake Ontario.

The local smaller river system also have reports on trout stocking program just past first week of April. The fish stocked were quite small all under 1 foot. The news stated that they stock them every year.

I am somewhat confuse how some anglers were given the incentive, would immediately go and try to catch these small trout after the city had stocked them by April 1, 2009.

It was so windy more than 30 km wind and cold when we were there so we could not fish at all, but studied the area . We just enjoyed our time with some good friend.

It's put and take over there they stock all the little streams and that's when everyone goes trout fishing. Over here we just pray some are stupid enough to come to our side.

Sorta like St. Johns pond but multiple that by a billion!

I spent hours studying the area days before we travelled south acoss the border, my US friend was a beginner trying to learn to fish, we did not know where to fish the creeks and rivers, found the inland genesee river, we hardly saw anyone was fishing this time of the year. I took him to DIcks sporting Goods in Rochester and gave him basic tackle lesson, we also went to a pond so I showed him how to cast.

Other potential place to fish were Webster on Monroe county, close to the mouth and lake ontario, the antiquaiet bay also look decent, but it was so windy on staurday, our timing was just bad.

I know Niagara river quite decent, but we were staying over an hour south east of Buffalo, in a small town. My friend will come to visit me next time and I will take them to my familiar fishing hole.

We will try the harbour close to Buffalo galleria when I go back next time.

Thanks.

Archived