Ice Conditions

Guest ChromeCrusher

Guest ChromeCrusher

For those who don't live close enough to have a look for themselves, the Niagara is loaded w/ ice. You could probably snowmobile across the whirlpool! All the slow backdrifts in the Glen are loaded w/ ice, and the walking around is treacherous w/ all the snow.

My advice this weekend, stay home and watch Bob Izumi!

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

Must of had a big break off of the icebridge...

I was at Queenston around 12-1pm not much ice showing floating,seen it alot worse and nutcases out there in there boat,oppppssss that was me :dunno:

Fished Queenston today from 10 till about 12:30, larger and thicker flows of ice, but still fishable - nothing seemed catchable. Only saw one small bow or chromer (about 2 pounds) that was released. Water was crystal clear, you could count the rocks on the bottom 30 feet out from the ramp.

I like Bob's show, but not enough to miss wetting a line.

Later

Edward

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

Don't know what you guys call alot of ice,this pic from today is not much

River0304.jpg

Ducks0304.jpg

This is what I'd call alot of ice?

Looking_down_to_Queenston.jpg

Niagara_ice215.jpg

That fish was a 2lb female Bow,FullofGas your friend was at it again.

Sorry LT :dunno: , let me retract the word flows - I should have said larger and thicker chunks. One floated by me that was longer than my little Hyundai and looked to be about 12+ inches thick.

Guest ChromeCrusher
Don't know what you guys call alot of ice,this pic from today is not much

River0304.jpg

Ducks0304.jpg

This is what I'd call alot of ice?

Looking_down_to_Queenston.jpg

Niagara_ice215.jpg

That fish was a 2lb female Bow,FullofGas  your friend was at it again.

11400[/snapback]

I wish I had of taken a pic of the Whirlpool, because it was litterally stuffed w/ ice. I guess the lower end wasn't so bad around Queenston, and I'm sure the angling from a boat could be better. I was more posting for the guys that float-fish the Glen/Whirlpool areas.

The slow water, which is more productive in cold weather i find, was where the ice was the worst.

Archived