Port Delhousie Report

Guest Eyelike2fish

Guest Eyelike2fish

Went to Port D today and finally got one again. It was a small brown 2 - 3 pounds tops but broke the Port D curse finally. It was 4 weeks since my last Port D fish. I saw two caught on the boat side and Charlie D said he saw one. That's 4 fish including mine. I am thinking another couple of weeks it should get good again.

Steve

Went to Port D today and finally got one again. It was a small brown 2 - 3 pounds tops but broke the Port D curse finally. It was 4 weeks since my last Port D fish. I saw two caught on the boat side and Charlie D said he saw one. That's 4 fish including mine. I am thinking another couple of weeks it should get good again.

Steve

11481[/snapback]

Congrats. We were the lone boat on the water....we spent most of our time in the lake though...

didn't get anything...still a little frozen...

i saw someone land a small brown around mid afternoon, with spinning tackle...

was that you? congrats either way!

:D

Guest Eyelike2fish

I was the guy fishing closest to the Game and Fish Club. I was the only one on that side that got one. Did you mark many fish? I was talking to someone else that was out in the mouth area and he said marked all kinds but no takers.

Steve

Guest Eyelike2fish

I was fishing live minnows. Casting between the ice flows. Had one on a minnow as soon as I got there and lost it. Then I switched to my baitcaster and started tossing jigs. 10 minutes later I got the brown. Then froze my frink off in that wind for the next 4 hours.

I was fishing live minnows. Casting between the ice flows. Had one on a minnow as soon as I got there and lost it. Then I switched to my baitcaster and started tossing jigs. 10 minutes later I got the brown. Then froze my frink off in that wind for the next 4 hours.

11486[/snapback]

Hey Steve congrats on the brown - what type of jigs were you throwing? :D

Just read a very long thread on another board (floaters) and their use of jigs for steelhead and bows. Now their into tying nymph patterns on jigs.

Edward

Guest Eyelike2fish

When I'm at Port Delhousie I either use finesse minnows, berkley salted minnows, both with a corky. I also use white 4 inch twister tails on a 3/8 oz jighead. I have caught a few on these and witnessed so many browns and bows caught on these at Port D. Streamers seem to work well as do spoons. The fish came on the white twister tail.

Steve

Archived