Fly Fishing

FishyWishy

I am looking for some partners to occassionally go fly-fishing with. Experienced or otherwise.

I am not very experinced myself so if you are experienced I would appreciate any advice etc. If you are in the same situation as me we could maybe figure it out together.

I really don't know any secret pools and will hit the upper grand a few times this year (like every other fly fisherman in Ontario), unless you have another suggestion.

My hopes are to, share some experiences, split some costs (gas/travel), catch some fish.

Please keep in mind that I work 8-5 Mon-Fri, so weekends would be when I'm available.

You can PM me here or reply to this thread if interested.

Cheers,

I am looking for some partners to occassionally go fly-fishing with. Experienced or otherwise.

I am not very experinced myself so if you are experienced I would appreciate any advice etc. If you are in the same situation as me we could maybe figure it out together.

I really don't know any secret pools and will hit the upper grand a few times this year (like every other fly fisherman in Ontario), unless you have another suggestion.

My hopes are to, share some experiences, split some costs (gas/travel), catch some fish.

Please keep in mind that I work 8-5 Mon-Fri, so weekends would be when I'm available.

You can PM me here or reply to this thread if interested.

Cheers,

first tip is you don't have to go to the grand to flyfish. anything that swims will take a fly. by the end of this month you can get all manner of panfish on nymphs (GBHE is favourite), dries (elk hair caddis catches anything) and streamers (small polar minnows or clousers). come july bass are loads of fun and take almost anything, big and small but again i use a lot of clousers. plus carp pike, catfish, etc. warm-water flyfishing comes in handy when all i have time for is a run to the harbour for a couple hours.

What Ola said. If the fish eats bugs or minnows in their various forms (and they nearly all do) you can take them on a fly. The limiting factors I've found are depth of water, current speed, and backcast room.

Also you don't have to cast a full fly line to get into fish. Most fish are caught within 45' of the angler provided you use a bit of stealth.

Good luck

Archived