Nipissing

Nik

Hey guys

I'm going to Nipissing for the first weekend of June. Anyone have any tips for me? Im staying near the mouth of the French - Called Deluxe Camp or something (Lavign area)

Hoping to get Bass and Pike - Walleye.

Anything specific to watch out for, or any specific lures to use?

Thanks in advance.

Hope everyone has a great bass opener this weekend - unfortunately I will be in Vegas ;) but ill make up for it the following weekend :)

:unsure:

I'm heading up to Nipissing this Saturday. Staying in the same area (northwest bay near Lavigne) at West Nipissing Resort... I'd let you know how I do, but your arriving the day before I leave...

I'm looking for some tips too!!!

Cheers!!

I don't go up to the 18th so let me know how it goes. For bass and Pike you can beat a number 4 mepps, walleye are a lil harder this time of year try drifting with a jig and worm over humps and rocks, I usually get some off the drop offs going down to 20 ft from shallow, never had any luck trolling for em up there. Let me know how the bugs are pls and have a good trip!

dont go to deep for walleyes cause alot of areas were there are deep waters are all just big cats try slow trolling a worm harness at night then when you get a fish mark of the area and go back and jig, thats for walleye for smallies look for shallow drop offs with some rocks or humps maybe some sparse weeds and jig or toss out a spinner bait or crank bait, for pike fish the bays were they meet the main river were it gets deep, toss out deep running crankbaits or spoons, have fun and bring us back a report or else........

wish you good luck, but Nippissing ain;t 1/10 of what it used to be... this is the first year I havent gone and I didnt miss it... could just be good luck on our part, but a few different groups gave is the same story... apparently (dont quote me on this), but a large group of fisherman were arguing that the walleye population has gone down to nothing due to netting by the first nations people in that area... and ive heard this on several occasions by several different people.

good luck and if you catch anything, let us know!!! we have managed to lock onto some MONSTER pike out there... bass as always, but the walleye have been a headache!

We don't catch many eyes in the summer, but we went up Thanksgiving weekend and killed em. Everyone else that weekend was catchin too so they are there. Just gotta find em.

1-2 oz bottom bouncers ,northland worm harnesses, with #8 stingers. drag this setup with a worm and you will be successful. keep a short lead so the only thing you feel is the wire scraping the bottom. Adjust the weight of the bottom bouncer to match the wind speed .The more wind the more weight. Good luck. KISS Keep It Simple Silly.

Yes the North shore is thin with Walleye lately. However, if you can find your way down to the south shore between the French and Callander Bay, you should limit out with good eaters...

Look for the drop offs and work jigheads and jigging spoons tipped with live bait or Gulp and you should do Ok...

Just drift from deep to shallow bouncing the bait up the incline.

You can try a slow troll as suggested, you may have to resort to drifting as a finesse presentation may be needed.

I hear the fly hatch was full bloom a week ago, so hopefully that is over and then the normal live baits will work...

Good Luck and look forward to your reports...That has been my favorite lake to fish for over 35 years....

Although, being a southerner, I only make it a few times a year..

Will

Guys I know I'm a little late with this but I havent been online for some time now.

Thank you all very much for the help. I will bring back a report on Monday and hopefully some nice fish pictures to boot :)

Thanks again I'm off in 6 hours :)

:P

Well I got back late last night and figured I better give you guys an update.

It was a great trip. Fishing was fantastic, so good in fact that it was one of my best trips up North (other than a couple early spring trips).

We caught a ton of Large mouth bass and Northerns.

Didnt get into a double digit pike (that was my goal) but other wise it was much better than expected.

I will post pictures tonight when I get home

Thanks for the advice.

Cheers

Archived