Erie Bass

Sirfishalot

Hi all , launched out of Crystal beach about 8am with a little chop on the water after the ellusive Walleye, which is still ellusive. Motored out to 55ft and marked a few so down went the lines. trolled for awhile towards the gas wells with a few hits but nothing, all the while noticing the chop is getting bigger and my stomach is not agreeing with breakfast. Finally a hit and my buddy says its a good size so I get the net ready all the while looking at the water. BIG MISTAKE. I was getting greener by the second. After a few runs and a tail walk I netted a 5lb smallie and then proceeded to give a lot back to nature over the side. That was it we headed back in. I didnt want to ruin the day so we went to Ft Erie and fished from shore down from Nicholl marine. The rest of the day we caught numerous smallies and good size perch and no gobies, maybe thats a good sign, so not all was lost. Why is it we never think of gravol till we are out on the water. Oh well could have been worse, I could have had to work....Thom

Archived