Hunting license

I want to get my hunting license, but I don't know where to got it. I looked everywhere on the net with no reselts. Can someone tell me were to go in the niagara region to get the license and how much it will cost?

Hi Fisherguy,

Sounds like you are looking to take your Ontario Hunter Safety Training course to get your hunting Outdoors Card. If you are intending to hunt with a gun, you will also need to take the Federal firearms safety course, if you haven't already. Last time I checked, there were at least 2 instructors in the Niagara area. Go to http://ohep.net, enter your location and a list of instructors/examiners will come up. Welcome to the art!

Ninepointer

I had my hunting license and FAC years ago, If I wanted to re-instate it, would I have to start from scratch again or is there a way to just renew it ?

Anyone know ?

There should be no problem with your Ontario hunting licence. Even if you don't have any old documentation, the MNR should have records. You will need to apply for a hunting Outdoors Card.

As for your old FAC, it has expired and you will have to take the Federal firearms course and get a PAL. Have a look-see at http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/informa...lic-per-eng.htm

Oops, you let your FAC expire. Your getting the shaft now brother. Gotta take the whole course like a newby. Pay your money and do your time, you might learn something new. I recommend Kellaway in Fenwick (St Catharines). I've been to both him and Silverdale and Holdsworth in Fort Erie will take at least 2 weeks to call you back. 2wice I called the home boy first and he called back when I got sick of waiting and booked elsewhere. Once for me and once for the boy.

It's going to cost you 2 weekends of your life but its worth it. You don't need luck, they won't let you fail.

Now get on it now!!!! or you won't get your paperwork back from Harper before deer season closes. See you in the woods and hunt safe.

At silverdale they have a one stop course for hunting and PAL for 1 weekend friday evening saturday and sunday during the day...took me about 3 months to recieve everything for my PAL and RPAL...

Archived