Sugar Loaf Ice conditions

Guest bigfishbass

Lots of ice at least 12-14" . Water is crystal clear. Last time I was out the ice was doing alot of talking, fishing was really poor because of this. I know a few people that have been doing pretty good catching crappie. Late afternoon till nightfall seems to be peak times if you can find them. You might want to check wind conditions before you head out can get real nasty out there.

Don't bother bringing any swiss cheese there's lots of that out there :D I was out last night and it was very slow I did end up filling my bucket with a bunch of garbage :P

It was real clean out there for the longest time now it's getting to be timmies and broken beer bottles some times it's better to stay tight lipped and let people do the leg work your end results are better. It's sad to say but the area usually stays cleaner that way. Now that's not everyone in general but I'm sure you guys know what I mean. It's a big area so have fun out there just pick up your crap ;) And watch for the occasional crappie along they way B)

Myself and Bigfishbass went out today and were on the ice around 730...Ice was REALLY thick, I'd say around 18 inches...first area produced nothing so we moved on...water was crystal clear, you could see everything on the bottom. We ended up catching 4 dinkers from 830-11...tons of smelt in the area, but they just kept nibbling on my splitshot. It was fun watching the perch eying the minnow and taking it, we missed hooking a few because we were too late in setting the hook..worth headin' out there though

Archived