Fishing in Virgil

Luvevolution

just wondering if anyone has fished Virgil and what results they got. I was looking on google earth for spots in the region and found what looks like a large creek on the south west corner of the main intersection..........looks like you can get into it from the industrial estate. anyone have any suggestions, directions, info, or is it a waste of time?

just wondering if anyone has fished Virgil and what results they got. I was looking on google earth for spots in the region and found what looks like a large creek on the south west corner of the main intersection..........looks like you can get into it from the industrial estate. anyone have any suggestions, directions, info, or is it a waste of time?

Interesting.......... looks like you could try the bridge at 3rd line for easy access... or maybe the end of 2nd line?? .... Four mile creek.......

thanks for the replies guys. I went out there and had a look around and there is an entrance off third line. may give it a try tomorrow and see what it's like. if there's nuthin, then there's nuthin. LOL. can't hurt to try though. was also wondering where the best spots to try on Lake Gibson/moodie. I see guys fishing off of Merrittville highway and I saw one guy on here talking about the "corner". I haven't fished since I was a kid, so not sure where anything is around here. any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

thanks for the replies guys. I went out there and had a look around and there is an entrance off third line. may give it a try tomorrow and see what it's like. if there's nuthin, then there's nuthin. LOL. can't hurt to try though. was also wondering where the best spots to try on Lake Gibson/moodie. I see guys fishing off of Merrittville highway and I saw one guy on here talking about the "corner". I haven't fished since I was a kid, so not sure where anything is around here. any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

I was at moodie yesterday evening, just past the one way bridge.... the narrow road/driveway that has its own small bridge. Talked to an older gentleman who I got into a short conversation with. He said he usually targets muskie and finds them where the current is fast (hint hint). I have heard that gibson has a healthy population of many different species, ... so basically don't be afraid to hike around a bit and see what you can find!

The creek gets a run of steelhead up there every spring. They make it all the way to the dam and you can watch them swim in the current in very shallow, muddy water. The creek is not open to be fished at this time though I believe. If they ever put effort into trenching this area out and adding some gravel and structure it could be a good spawning area. I counted over 2 dozen on spawning on a warm day in march this year

Naw I went to virgil a while ago and didn't get a nibble then it started to rain........................soon after I got a bad fever. <_<

you caught the virgil cow flu

its very common for them big city folk to catch it their first time out to virgil

you caught the virgil cow flu

its very common for them big city folk to catch it their first time out to virgil

Im from the suburbs. In fact im almost in banjo country. <_<

Im from the suburbs. In fact im almost in banjo country. <_<

so ur one of us then... huck huck huck

I was fishing the 4 mile and catching little carp (under 2lbs)

That was ok but what really made me not want to come back was I was fishing right next to a grape feild and they were spraying chemicals on the grapes. I started to cough and sneeze like mad and got a hefty noise bleed and a hell of a head ache when i got home.

and to think they are putting this crap on our food

Thank Monsanto's corp..........

so ur one of us then... huck huck huck

I was fishing the 4 mile and catching little carp (under 2lbs)

That was ok but what really made me not want to come back was I was fishing right next to a grape feild and they were spraying chemicals on the grapes. I started to cough and sneeze like mad and got a hefty noise bleed and a hell of a head ache when i got home.

and to think they are putting this crap on our food

Thank Monsanto's corp..........

gotta watch that when they are spraying. some of that is carsenagenic(or however you spell that, lOl), depending on what they are using. we are gonna go to the dam on line 3 tomorrow and see what we can get. if we get any results, I'll share with you what we got and what we were using. I really do appreciate this feedback though. I'm just really sick of fishing port and catching gobies. LOL. I hate killing things, which is why I catch and release...........but not with gobies. and I always feel bad for killing gobies.......yeah, I'm a bit of a softie when it comes to animals, LOL. I can admit it. but they are invasive and I refuse to put them back. so, since I don't like killing, I wanna go some places where there aren't any and I can release what I catch. so again, thanks for any info.

Archived