Imagine if your luck was bad!

RoeBaggin

I thought I would share a couple of pictures from the Glen from Saturday. I took my daughter fishing and had a great time, I guess you could say we had good luck on the water and on the trails. I'm glad we had both. This was the path me and my daughter took to get to our spot. The boulder was not in the path on the way down. I'm guessing 1500 to 2000lbs of rock. Anyone trekking the gorge, please be careful and pray that luck is on your side!!!

RB

100_0169.jpg

100_0171.jpg

100_0172.jpg

Where's the Glen, I'm summizing it's lower Niagara and I have probably fished there before but just don't recognize the name Glen. Forgive my aging memory

It's the part of the lower river gorge below the whirlpool.

Guest big daddy

I fish the "flat rock" down there all the time in the winter and watch the ice that builds up on the top of the US side fall all the time.Some times there is people walking on the trail below.We saw a guy get hit and knocked down by ice. B)

BD

Wouldnt want to be in the way of that bugger!

How was the fishing?

the only stairs I know of are opposite the botannical gardens on the parkway. other than that, not too sure. hope that helps.

the only stairs I know of are opposite the botannical gardens on the parkway. other than that, not too sure. hope that helps.

yeah i know those ones look for the old safe on the way

Fishing was good Arkangel Lots of smallmouth and Muskie and freshwater drum and.............. I could go on and on. As far as I am concerned it is the greatest river to fish in the world, in terms of diversity!

RB

I can agree Ive heard of almost everything comming out of it including the nicest trout in the region!

Glad to hear you had a great day fishing!

Where's the Glen, I'm summizing it's lower Niagara and I have probably fished there before but just don't recognize the name Glen. Forgive my aging memory

You need to start at the metal stairs to actually be in THE GLEN. Or take a good long walk left from the whirlpool stairs.

Archived