Spring Trolling for Salmon/Trout ???

Dax

Hey, just wondering when the best time is to start flat lining for Salmon and Trout off of places like Jordan Harbour or Port Dalhousie ??? I really want to get the Wife and Kiddies out and into some big fish, but its been years since I did any Lake Ontario fishing.

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson
Hey, just wondering when the best time is to start flat lining for Salmon and Trout off of places like Jordan Harbour or Port Dalhousie ??? I really want to get the Wife and Kiddies out and into some big fish, but its been years since I did any Lake Ontario fishing.

12297[/snapback]

Dax

Trolling,for salmon.. I got my first April 4 last year,off of PD and PW.

Browns are more up near Jordon,Salmon first arrive at 50 point.

Flatling body baits are the best in the early season.

You don't have to go deep till mid June/July/August

Check our new Trolling Board

It's geared for trolling,and based in this area.

WAY TO GO BRIAN : I was going to jump in and try to help but I thought what does a bass guy know so I thought I would just wait and hope you jumped in, thanks it's been a while since I talked salmon or those trout things, + I didn't want to screw him up signing off catfish :worthy: Catfish

Last year saw a lot of the boats in the Marina with Reef Runners rigged on their rods during the spring Salmon rush during April-May. Even with all of the gear i have sure enough i don't have any Reef Runners. My group did ok with old style Firetiger Storm Thundersticks( my go to bait for Spring salmon in the past) and Blue Silver Ripplin Redfins but i'm thinking that i might need to up for some Reef Runners to max out the opportunity to boat good numbers. One thing I see is that Cabelas new Walleye Runner looks so much like a Reef Runner I would not be suprised to see a lawsuit. Any suggestions re Reef Runners as regards colour and lip style. regards Snidley

Hi Brian. Thanks for the pics. Have you ever caught anything on those Challenger lures? I've tried them in several different situations and caught nada. They look great and should catch something but so far bupkiss. I think they are actually made by a company called Strike Pro out of Taiwan. I've had them in cranks, sticks and no species will take them. Maybe it's a confidence thing but they just don't work for me. The is a brand in Canadian Tire called Blaze lures thatr do work for me and they are relativly cheap lures also i think made by Strike Pro. Regards Snidley

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson
  Have you ever caught anything on those Challenger lures? I've tried them in several different situations and caught nada. They look great and should catch something but so far bupkiss. I think they are actually made by a company called Strike Pro out of Taiwan. I've had them in cranks, sticks and no species will take them. Maybe it's a confidence thing but they just don't work for me. The is a brand in Canadian Tire called Blaze lures thatr do work for me and they are relativly cheap lures also i think made by Strike Pro. Regards Snidley

12372[/snapback]

Now that you mention it,what the heck is it doing there. Guess I picked up the wrong one. I'll let you know if it works.

That colour that the Brown has is the best Reef Runner I had last year,for salmon and LT liked them to

LTearly.JPG

Archived