Fishing upper ottawa valley

Erik.T.

This weekend I'm gonna be on a trip up to the upper ottawa valley i.e. (Pembroke, Petawawa). Im hoping to try for walleye or lake trout or something of that sort but I have no boat.

Anyone know of any shore fishing spots?

Anyone know where I can rent a boat?

Thanks!

This post has been edited for the visually impaired.

there's lots of spots in the pembroke area. it's all river fishing there though. it's been a long time since I've been up that way, so can't remember what lakes are around there, but the river fishing is awesome. I'm sure a local tackle shop will give you a whole bunch of places to try if you ask. when we went up there, it was for white water rafting/kayaking, so we just fished once the day was over. very good fishing up there.

try google?

unfortunatly google has failed me. the search only came up with some tackle shops and a "fishing" page that was under construction. And all of the rest were all about hotels in pembroke.

Ok thanks for the replies maybe I will try some trouting around there then if the river fishing doesn't produce.

try this site - most contributers are based out of eastern ontario. and yes, the river is an excellent fishery but mostly warmwater species. just wish it wasn't so far away. also, you can't do much better than a GOOD local tackle shop.

http://www.fish-hawk.net/

Archived