Queenston fishing

Luvevolution

as posted in other threads, we fished Queenston the past few nights and between 3 outings, caught almost 30 fish there. all smallmouth bass except for one Goby.......the biggest Goby I have ever seen (about 10 inches long).

last night was the most productive with 15 fish being pulled out of the water and many more lost before landing. we even had entertainment there last night. for a few hours there was a police twin zodiac and Dauphin helicopter looking for what I assume was a floater. the helicopter was about 100 feet off the deck, flying from the whirlpool to the mouth, and the zodiac would haul ass up to the whirlpool and disappear for 15-20 minutes, then come back down to the marina on the US side and do that over and over. was pretty cool to see the heli that low with all those spot lights on.

I saw the same helicopter last night fishing at the mouth of the river, they shined their spot light at use, I happened to look up when they had their light on use. That light blinded me for few minutes, they just turned around and went back up the river.

I saw the same helicopter last night fishing at the mouth of the river, they shined their spot light at use, I happened to look up when they had their light on use. That light blinded me for few minutes, they just turned around and went back up the river.

yeah, same thing with us. they put those spotlights right on us at the dock from the boat and the heli. but the buggers in the boat kept doing it over and over........like anything was gonna change with us being there. if we'de have seen anything, we would have signaled them. we have a very powerful LED work light that I could have gotten their attention with. that twin zodiac hauls the mail though........minnimum of twin 300's on the back of that thing. they were deffinitely interested in that side of the river though, around the marina and up to the whirlpool. but that heli came low and slow around the area of the artpark. so low in fact, that it was between the canyon walls and most likely went underneath the Queenston/Lewiston bridge, since I didn't hear any audible change in turbine pitch for a collective gain over the bridge........that would have been so cool to see and woulda made a great pic for sure. the heli made one pass downstream and one back upstream, then gone, but the zodiac was there for a few hours. I guess they found nuthin cause they came haulin ass back to the marina, floated around for a while, then went back towards the mouth.

nuthin on the news today so far. would be interesting to find out though. a buddy that we were fishing asked if there was a love shop open, so we could go buy an inflatable doll and give them something to look for. LMAO. he's got a bit of a weird sense of humour, but I gotta say, I found that slightly amusing. LOL.

I live just off the parkway at the falls area and the choppers were very low and slow around there too. They must have scanned the entire length of lower river for something. I wonder what?

I live just off the parkway at the falls area and the choppers were very low and slow around there too. They must have scanned the entire length of lower river for something. I wonder what?

to be out at night like that......................they had to be looking for a floater. that's the only explanation.

They could be looking for drug boats, it couple explain why they had their spotlights on us.

nah, I doubt it. we thought that at first, but they were doing systematic sweeps of the water, from the middle to the shore, all the way up from the mouth to the whirlpool........deffinitely a floater. if they were looking for drugs, or any kind of smuggling, they would have spots off and running with nightvision. these guys had their flashing disco lights going and the whole bit to let everyone know they were there. the DEA/Border Patrol are very sneaky. these were local cops and the heli was Sherriff. which is why it's gotta be a floater.

nah, I doubt it. we thought that at first, but they were doing systematic sweeps of the water, from the middle to the shore, all the way up from the mouth to the whirlpool........deffinitely a floater. if they were looking for drugs, or any kind of smuggling, they would have spots off and running with nightvision. these guys had their flashing disco lights going and the whole bit to let everyone know they were there. the DEA/Border Patrol are very sneaky. these were local cops and the heli was Sherriff. which is why it's gotta be a floater.

well, just read online local newspapers and it was a floater they were looking for. they say it was a coast guard heli and border patrol boat. witnesses saw the guy jump and they were looking for him.

Police from both sides of the border were involved in a search Tuesday night for a woman who apparently jumped off the Rainbow Bridge and is presumed dead.

A man who was walking on the bridge alerted U.S. Customs shortly before 10 p.m., after a woman, who was walking toward the American side, handed him her purse and then jumped off the bridge.

The identity of the 56-year-old woman has not been released by police.

The search, which was aided by Niagara and Erie county sheriff’s helicopters, was not successful in trying to locate the victim.

see, even some papers get it wrong, which means you shouldn't always believe what you read. LOL. I thought for sure it was a Sherriff's heli I saw and NOT coast guard, but that paper said it was coast guard. thought I might have been seeing things, so accepted what the paper said. glad you found that so I can give myself a pat on the back for being right. LOL.

Archived