Spring Fishing Shows

GREYHAWK

It's that time again - March Break - and the Toronto Sportsman Show. Sounds like the vendors are preparing for a banner year of sales, offering some amazing deals, especially after a poor Spring Fishing Show at the International. Couple this to the rival show at Bass Pro and the local fishermen should be in for some excellent buys, reminiscent of past Sportsman Shows.

On that note, has anyone been to Bass Pro and cares to comment on the nature of their show? I have received their flyer, and I must say they make potential buying extremely tempting. Will definately check out their venue!!! :worthy:

I'm going Wednesday with a few buddys to BPS to check out the big sale they are having this week and i'm bringing the camera so i'll post when I get back. I have nothing in mind to buy anything, except maybe a new inflatable pfd, but if they have any huge deals, i'll have the credit card with me. I've never been a big fan of the sportsmans show at the cne so until they start offering free parking, I wont be going. :worthy:

I need new gear like a hole in the head but i still spent $270 at Bass Pro. I found some stuff that I wanted on Thursday which was the first day of the sale,but I was suprised at how little backup stock BPS had of the stuff i bought. EG. I wanted one of the Johnny Morris Baitcast reels in Lefthanded for $139. Sweet reel but they only had 5. I bought one for me and one for my buddy. That left 3 for the whole sale Also bought some Tim Horton Bomber Long A Pro Models for $3.49. I bought 3 and my buddy 2. I think there were 10 in total. Lots of regular Long A's and plain Long A Pros but not many of the really sweet Tim Horton models which are pretty much the only ones I'd want. They had Storm Bucktail jigs in 2 packs for 0.99 cents, great for jigging the bar. Looked like about 25 in the bin, I bought 11. They had lots of BPS XPS baits but only at $1.50 off the regular price. Good bait, not much savings. I see they have Quickfish for $2.99 to $3.99 which is a good price but they don't have many and the selection is not the greatest. So I guess they have some good stuff if you get there in time but if you go later in the sale i bet the pickings are slim to none except for tackle that has seen better days. One thing though is that aquarium full of fish. It's awsome and you get to see 2 HUGe largemouth bass that must be 12lb.! If I'm not mistaken I think they even have a real Buffalofish in the swim , somthing that is very rare but sometime seen(and caught) down Niagara way. Regards Snidley

Guest FisherNick

I was there yesterday.

Wanted the Pfluger president (sold out)

so i bought a new Sahara got $15 off for dontaing an old reel to kids.

Lure selection was fine when i got there Bought a couple Tim Horton Bombers and regular ones, some wally divers ($4.99) not bad and some crappie sized tubes to stalk up for spring.

Also got a new battery for my boat (deep cycle) for $59.99 3 year warranty, not bad for the back of my boat (lights, fishfinder, bilge)

Archived