Queenston revisited

Luvevolution

well, the wife and I were out and about all night and decided to stop in at Queenston to give it another go. we hooked into some more decent Bass and landed 9, with 3 monster Goby's. had another 4 that I got right to the dock and spit the hook out as I was trying to land them. lots and lots of bites going on there tonight.

there were some guys in a boat about 30 feet off the dock hooking into some pretty big Walleye tonight also. they told me they were using spoons with an ounce and a half of weight added to them. was cool to watch em land some big fish.

may get some fishing in tomorrow night if we're lucky.........going to the Toronto airshow in the morning, then up to Welland for a party in the evening. they have a creek at the end of their property with some pretty big bass and crappie in there, so I'm hoping we can sneak away for a little while and hook into something decent there. have a good weekend guys (and girls). ciao.

Guest djandthepk

We were just down river from the jet boats drifting motor oil tube jigs tipped with worm and caught 5 nice 2 to 5lb eye's. Caught one had to be 10lbs but was lucky enough to do the boat side catch and release.

Were they keeping the big ones,anything over 5 or 6lbs out of the lower river tends to scare me. I've found the meat to be soft and oily.

We were just down river from the jet boats drifting motor oil tube jigs tipped with worm and caught 5 nice 2 to 5lb eye's. Caught one had to be 10lbs but was lucky enough to do the boat side catch and release.

Were they keeping the big ones,anything over 5 or 6lbs out of the lower river tends to scare me. I've found the meat to be soft and oily.

no, those guys were throwing everything back. I'de like to hook into something bigger off that dock though. it's nice to haul in such a large number of fish, but it's getting a little boring, all being about a pound with the odd one or two being bigger. I've thrown everything I can think of at them. I've even tried adding just over an ounce of weight to get the lures out further and down to the bottom faster, but no matter where I put the weight, the lure inevitably ends up snagged up around the line, above the weights. very frustrating.

Might be worth trying a 3-way rig like drifting for rainbows. I see alot of wallies caught that way during trout season...even on roe bags. with a 3-way, you can drift a spoon, jig, worm harness, almost anything you want ..

Might be worth trying a 3-way rig like drifting for rainbows. I see alot of wallies caught that way during trout season...even on roe bags. with a 3-way, you can drift a spoon, jig, worm harness, almost anything you want ..

good point......never really tied one of those up before though. I suppose you just use a 3 way swivel, but do you make the weight line long or short? and also how long would you make the lure line? at least, I'm assuming that's what a three way is.

good point......never really tied one of those up before though. I suppose you just use a 3 way swivel, but do you make the weight line long or short? and also how long would you make the lure line? at least, I'm assuming that's what a three way is.

i know for rainbow the weight line should be 8-10 inches and the lure line around 3-4 feet

Archived