BPS Sale

Guest Jeetmuck

Guest Jeetmuck

I was just wondering if anyone has gone or is going to the BPS sale? From what I am hearing, it is a zoo there and don't really know if they will actually have what is in the flyer. I may try to squeeze in a visit while going to the Sportsmen Show.

I was just wondering if anyone has gone or is going to the BPS sale?  From what I am hearing, it is a zoo there and don't really know if they will actually have what is in the flyer.  I may try to squeeze in a visit while going to the Sportsmen Show.

12410[/snapback]

i was there yesterday. they had some pretty good deals. the ones that my attention were wading boots, $49.. float tubes $59-69. x-raps $6. and lots of bulk discount bins with different plastics. mostly storm and riverside stuff. they also had some pretty decent rod and reel combos for the beginner for a decent price. All in all probabaly better deals here than at the sportsman show. all there lures were $1-2 off

I'm going tomorrow just to see what all the excitement is about. I have no shopping list but the credit card will be ready just in case something calls my name as I walk by. :Gonefishing:

Guest Jeetmuck

It looks interesting but I wasn't interested in fighting with the crowds...I get a little on edge when so many people pushing and I have a very little patience at the moment... :lol:

Saw a couple of items but since I was planning on heading to the show anyways, thought I might kill two birds with one stone. I am sure I can always get what I want from our local shops but it's always nice to get out and look at other stuff.

Like a peeler bar...nice to look at different menus but you gotta go home for dinner.

Jeetmuck if you come up to the show come over and say hi,I will be either in the Quantum booth or around in one of the vendors booth. Some of the stories that I have been hearing about BPS alot of the stuff (like most popular reels) are all sold out with no back order. The Johnny Morris baitcastor combo is sold out. I also heard that the sales on the lures are not that great eg. Timmy Hortons Bomber long A's savings of 20 cents. Big Deal! I think I will give my business to my local tackle stores.

I love BPS...just got back!...there are great deals there right now (till the 20th) they were sellin storm and soft plastics for a buck a pack!...also great deals on boxs rods,reels and accesories...i picked up some new 05 products and a rod/reel combo for cheeps...they also are selling an Aqua-Vu camera for 250 bucks! great

deal for sure we picked 1 up. i think the sale was the Spring Fishing Classic...monday,wednesday,and friday they feed the fish at 3 pm,,,and on the weekend there having some pro ceminars and booths too. i seggest if u have a chance to go take it!

have a good one...Kirk :lol:

My son and I tripped to BPS on Monday. If you get there early (morning) you need not worry about crowds. In fact, we've been to the Sportsmen Show in the past and crowds have been more like hordes making the buying experience a hassle.

It would appear that the vendors at the Sportsmen Show will have a tough time matching the deals at BPS. Reels are, for the most part, big sellers and some of the big name reels (Johnny Morris e.g.) are in short stock. However, we were told you can get a rain check on these items! :)

There are great deals in their flyer, but one should do some comparison pricing either with local vendors or with BPS catalogue, converting prices to Can Funds. One can get stung! :lol:

Furthermore, on cashing out many of our sale items were still being priced at the regular price. Infact, I think I held up the check out line for almost 20 mins helping an otherwise frazzled clerk sort out the problem. Apparently the sale was so good the staff was not able to log in all the new prices! :dunno: Stock was being sold faster than they could restock.

At the end of the day, we got some great deals without the price of admission or parking!

We easily made the trip under one hour from the Niagara area.

Personally I don't see what all the hype about BPS is. I went on Sunday only to see a few bargains for what species I go after. All in all, I won't waste my time ever going there unless I'm just driving by.

To those who do not have a good fishing store near them, BPS is great. I know of 2 good stores that will not only match their price but also beat it (but you have to inquire) + their selection far exceeds that of BPS. Sure the WalMart of fishing/hunting stores is good, but it certainly isn't worth the 55 minute drive.

Zoo was an understatement - I waited for about 5 minutes to get near the Bomber Long A's bin only to be disappointed by their so called mark down. From $3.69/lure down to $3.49!!!! WHAT A SALE!!!!! They must have really struggled with that markdown!!!!!

Tightlines has absolutely nothing to worry about.................

Guest FisherNick

Fish for boots I'm wondering where you can find bomber long A's for 3.69 in this area at regular price cause I would like to shop there. As far as I'm concerned Bass Pro shops has good prices on certain items you just have to sort through. I like to give Mike in Caledonia my business during the spring summer fall but now is the time that i check out the shows and big stores.

Find a store that sells 2500 Saharas for $74.99 (granted with a trade in but i felt good giving a reel to a good cause)

Guest Jeetmuck

Interesting that there are so many takes on the store. I like looking and it is definitely a way to spend an afternoon but I don't like huge crowds. I would rather support the local stores but wanted some input on whether or not there wasbefore I headed out again. Have been lucky the last couple of times and wasn't too bad crowd wise coming home or going out fishing. My buddy Dave loves the place but he loves pretty much anything that is sparkley... :lol:

I gotta get new friends and hope he doesn't read this...LOL

Went today just to see the place and...wow. The place is freakin huge. I agree on supporting the local shops but this place is worth checking out if in the area. That bass looks like he swallowed another bass. :( It was busy but not the zoo that I was expecting, probably because the sportsmans show in Toronto started today and took some of the pressure off but that's ok, I hate crowds too. I picked up one of those auto-inflatable pfd's that I couldn't find around here and it was on sale for a good price. Here's the parking lot around noon....

052594.jpg

Guest Jeetmuck

That would be a good one to have in a boat, considering I hate wearing those big bulky ones that we do now...I love that tank and those bass are gargantuan, so are a couple of those eyes.

Tommy the answer to your question, which I just noticed in your sig...is "Your A$$"

I was at BPS on Monday at 1PM till 445PM. Not real busy and cleared out at 4PM. Good deal on breathable waders and felt wading boots, saved 110.00.

We stayed in TO and went to the Sportsman Show. Not real busy either. Stayed there until 4PM. Some deals, but you had to know your pricing. I got a nice Bottom Tour. 510 no taxes off cataloge price and the rep through in a few goodies he will mail to me.

Rick, how much was that inflatable PFD? I used to have one when I was sculling (had to have one on when out rowing alone) and I ended up selling it...back then it was listed @ $140.00 Cdn. :Gonefishing:

Regular price was $229, on sale this week for $179.99. I'm not a swimmer nor do I want to be one so I make sure I'm always wearing a pfd. I hate wearing most other kinds because they are so damn warm, so I'm hoping to get to like this kind.

Archived