Went 1-4..........

jhm123452000

Was at the whirlpool again this morning went 1-4.............throwing glow spoons............going to try some skien tomorrow morning.........also seen a guy and his kid each catch a muskie.............has anyone ever tried husky jerks for whirlpool salmon??????.....................JHM

What time are you getting there in the morn? We plan on taking a trip tonight around 8 and hopefully we can get the rod to bend a little. O and I have never tried husky jerks down there.

Well most of the time my buddy and I fish the low water at night, using glow spoons. I often see guys throwing skein early in the morn. I'm not really too much of a day fisher down there.

Hey Ants...........I use glow spoons as well..........A camara flash lights them up real good, Pete's Tackle sell's flashers for $32.00 a bit expensive ...........any cheap camara will do...........ummmm..........skien works really well for the most part but I haven't used any this year yet............Pro-cure red works great at least for me..........Drifting skien's my favorite technique............treble hook, couple of split shots............there's a special knot you put your skien through and wench it tight to hold your skien on the hook...............maybe someone else know's a good web-site that could help you with that knot................Pete's also sells glow spoons 10 for $24.00...........I prefer big green glows............AND I KNOW THIS WILL HURT SPINNING ROD AND REEL...........LOL.............GOOD LUCK............JHM.........

HAHA... Well I did take your advice in my last post "fall fishing" and I went down to the whirlpool with a spinning rod and reel!! And just for the record I got NOTHING against spinning rods! B) It was my first time at the whirlpool this morning and it's a beautiful spot ( jhm123452000; You may have been one of the two gentleman that showed me to the stairs?). Thanks for the tips on the glow spoons, but I'm not to clear on the "skien"... is that like a roe bag?

I also went down river to another spot later afternoon it was part of the Niagara Glen Nature Reserve. It's a trail that's about a 10min walk and comes out to another really nice part of the river, lots of fish jumping but it was pretty sunny and not much action. Once again thanks for the help, and I have to go get me some glow spoons!!

Archived