Rouge River

The_Husky_Jerk

Hey Guys, i am going to my sisters for thanksgiving this year. She lives right beside the Rouge River. I have never fished it before, and i just checked the regs, and apparently it is open all year to Rainbows/Browns/Pacific Salmon. How should i fish it this weekend? tips/suggestions? should i use my fly rod, or bring my spinning rod and use roe?

p.s. i am really enjoying this forum. you guys are all very informative and helpfull! Thanks again! :o

Hey Guys, i am going to my sisters for thanksgiving this year. She lives right beside the Rouge River. I have never fished it before, and i just checked the regs, and apparently it is open all year to Rainbows/Browns/Pacific Salmon. How should i fish it this weekend? tips/suggestions? should i use my fly rod, or bring my spinning rod and use roe?

p.s. i am really enjoying this forum. you guys are all very informative and helpfull! Thanks again! :o

The whole river isn't open, only the lower section below the 401. The chinook run isn't much, but if you time it right you can get into some decent trout fishing if they're moving through. Not alot of holding water for them in the open stretch.

Went down there yesterday no fish in sight as 95% of the fish are already upstream and spawning. Try Duffins or another creek I have heard of better luck there.

Here is a steelie I caught there this spring.

IMG_0589-1.jpg

The water should be stained so use a fairly large roe bag.

Archived