Sportsmans show

Backwoods

Went to the show today hoping to find some good sales. Well a lot of walking and searching but nothing great to report. You will find your usual tax free booths and the lure bins but the bins were not anything to get excited about. I did think the show had a good set up and like always lots to look though. If you look hard enough you will find the right deal. Best deal I found $27 for the Berkley 50lb digital scale at the Grimsby Tackle booth.

Always a good time

Backwoods

Guest ChromeCrusher

It seems the Big Box BASS PRO is trying hard to steal the spotlight from Toronto/Sportsmen show with their big sale this week. I sure hope that people still go out and support local shops at the show and not run to the SALE at Bass Pro.

It is our local fishing stores that let you barter a bit and ultimately give the best service and usually the best deal too. Bass Pro has good selection, and some good prices but not on everything. If were not careful Bass Pro will put all the little guys out of business.

just my 2 cents

Guest vidarling

Hey All,

Went to the show today as well. Was not looking for anything in particular. Ended up getting some berkely blade dancers. If you bought two at any dealer and brought it to the Berkely Booth you recieved one more for free.

It was also nice to get 2 for 1 admissions with your outdoors card.

If you are going with your children be sure to get your free Rapala keychain at the Rapala booth. At the Ministry booth there were CO's giving out free lures, bobbers and kids fishing licences. Supposedly if you child has one and shows a CO they will give them a free lure.

Interesting about the CO, he said that his area to cover was Lake Ontario (All of it) as well as the commercial fishing in and around Toronto. I guess they really are understaffed. He said that they would be trying to get to the Niagara River in a couple of weeks

Tight lines,

Ian

Guest Sue Watson 1
Hey All,

Went to the show today as well.  Was not looking for anything in particular.  Ended up getting some berkely blade dancers. If you bought two at any dealer and brought it to the Berkely Booth you recieved one more for free.

It was also nice to get 2 for 1 admissions with your outdoors card.

If you are going with your children be sure to get your free Rapala keychain at the Rapala booth.  At the Ministry booth there were CO's giving out free lures, bobbers and kids fishing licences. Supposedly if you child has one and shows a CO they will give them a free lure.

Interesting about the CO, he said that his area to cover was Lake Ontario (All of it)  as well as the commercial fishing in and around Toronto. I guess they really are understaffed.  He said that they would be trying to get to the Niagara River in a couple of weeks

Tight lines,

Nice to see the Grimsby Tackle booth mentioned already. I will be at the booth starting tommorrow til end of Sat. Drop in and say hi. Rob MacIntosh and I will be around the rods and bass lures tryin to do our best to make this show a good one.

To all who get out to the show,

Hope you enjoy it,

Sue Watson

Ian

12557[/snapback]

Archived