NRS STEELHEAD DERBY!!!! NOVEMBER 21ST

Lund-SS

2009 NRS steelhead derby

Ok its that time of the year again for another Niagara River Steelheaders Derby on the Lower Niagara River

and we would like to extend the invite to anyone who can make it out for a fun day on the water

this derby will be Held on

saturday november the- 21st

first light - 1:00pm

registration fees will be collected the day of the event and will run you $20.00 per person

Final Registration is available till 8:00am the day of the event

100% payout

pay out will be 70% for 1st and 30% for 2nd

We will meet at the Tim Hortons On thorald stone Rd to register just like the previous derbys

but after the derby we will be meeting at the Queenston heights parking lot just to avoid all the busy parking lots in Niagara falls

this is where we will determine the winning fish and hand out prize money

this derby is a Catch Photogragh and release derby and will be determind by the total length for the biggest fish ( tip of the Snout to tip of the tail)

so make sure your boat has a good working digital camera with charged batteries

each boat will be given a measuring device when your fee is paid and thats the one that must be in the picture

A couple rules to Follow ;

If your boat is seen fishing after the 1pm cut off time your WHOLE boat will be disqualified so make sure those lines are out by 1pm :D

Fishing bounderies will be Canadian Waters only

no fishing past the Queenston Bridge and not in the lake

Only one line per angler in the water !!

All MNR fishing regulations must be followed

All proper safe boating equipment is required on the boat including life jakets for everyone on board as per canadian coast guard regulations

The final call on the largest fish will be made by myself, and other board members to ensure a fair call

in the event of a tie the pot will be split this goes for both 1st or 2nd place

All the People Competing in this derby are fishing at there OWN RISK, Myself nor NRS are not Liable for any loss or Damages or Injury's

during this event

It will be up to the boat owners to bring whom ever they want in their boat i will not be organizing seats for non boaters

i will put up a post for a list of non boaters that if a boat owner chooses can pick someone up off that list and invite them out for the day

but it will up to them to get in contact with that person

This link will be for boaters to tell me they will be entering the derby this day and to tell me how many people you will be fishing with,

if you have a spare seat in your boat put your name down with who you know your fishing with and than add 1 open seat

like so

Bob & fred + 1 open spot

then a non boater can pm you and hop on your boat once the seat is full edit your post accordingly

If anyone would like to donate a prize to help make this day more fun for everyone please contact me through PM or email @ jbond0303@hotmail.com

Remember this is for fun and can accomidate any type of angler so dont be intimidated to enter ask some members who have fished this before

and i'm pretty sure they will tell you its a good day out on the water

lets try for a good turn out again guys

for any questions regarding the derby please feel free to email me @ jbond0303@hotmail.com

Thanks

Hey Wiser is it OK if the non boaters can find a boater that's not from around here? My Brother in law is interested in coming up from back home. So I told him about this and he's definately interested. If so put him and I down plus one empty seat :)

SO Smokin Joe & Brother in law + one open seat

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is up for it after the derby I'm thinking of meeting up at Boston Pizza on Morison for some pops and eats , they have a big parking lot for all the trailers and cars

Have some decent prizes for the day rolling in now Should make for a great day

Agian guys if you plan on fishing please Sign up on here so i can plan for the amount of boats that will be there

Thanks

Its all Most time !!!!!!

five corners Portage and Thorald stone

this is the morning meeting area ;

http://maps.google.ca/maps?ie=UTF8&q=t...065832&z=14

Queenston Heights park

and this is where we will meet after the derby to do the prize thing;

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&ie=UT...=16&iwloc=A

so,

where is Portage and Thorald stone ?

don't see it on the map

1. Jeff B +2 - full boat

2. Smokin Joe + 2 -full boat

3. Dave and Stubby -full boat

4. Tony +2 -full boat

5. Mr.Hoss & Gordo

6. Paul C + 3- Full boat

7. Ryan H + 2 - Full boat

8. Redfisher +2 Full Boat

9. Smitty and Philly - full boat

10. Rick plus 2 - full boat

11. Rob + yet to be determind

12. Sea Nymph + 1

33 guys = $660 in the pot

OK, I'm gonna start the trash talk.

You all have to let Rick's boat win ( which I will be in ) or you all will be on mod Q.

OK, at least let us catch a fish, been skunked the last 2 derbies.

If ya want Doc i'll keep one in the livewell for ya only 5 bucks to have your picture taken with it :blink:

Well the Big day is tomorrow !!! weather and water conditions all seem to be really good , some nice fish being caught recently to!!!

Good luck to everyone tomorrow

again i'll be at timmies on thorald stone just after 5am there will be a white chevy Z71 with a bed cover on it

If you get there late and i'm no where to be found i'm at the river so head down and i'll sign you up down there

I'll be in a blue 16' Blue lund rebel with a 40 merc 4 stroke and 3 guys in it dont be shy if need be i'll be running hand held radio on channel 4 if anyone has question or needs to get ahold of me

GOOD LUCK GUYS

It was for sure a tough day out there yesterday with only 5 trout being caught that i heard about 2 @ 28" , one @ 24" and a couple under the 15" mark

there were some lakers caught and a few small mouth

i wanna thank everyone that entered and helped make this day happen with prize donations

Smokin Joe with a $50 Gift Card to Fishin Niagara

Doc FeelGood with the Landing net

Dave Mcvicar with a bunch of streamers , sucker spawn and glow bugs

FatLouey with a soft plastic tackle set

and a couple other random prizes

there are plans in the making for the next derby already in a colder month ,

this derby wasnt perfect but was a first for me and a lil shaky but I got through it

all in all we had 25 guys enter with a pot of $500 which ended up being split to 2 very close fish

thanks to the winners for agreeing to split the pot down the middle just made this easier on everyone

and $250 for a days fishing is pretty decent in my books lol

Also i'd like to hear from the guys that entered , about how i can make this day Bigger and better for everyone

please send any ideas you have to me through PM and all ideas will be looked over and considered for the next derby

Thanks again everyone , i had a good time putting this together and hope you can all make it out to the next one

Even though the fishing was tough I did manage to get one laker around 33" which turned out to be the only fish caught on our boat. Thanks for taking the time to organize the event Jeff and a big thank you to Doc for the new landing net :blahblah1: I hope to get to use it a lot during up coming outings.

Archived