Going to PC

Guest chilli

Guest chilli

Well I gotta start getting serious about this perch hunt so I'm just headed off to Port Colbourne then Point Abino. Bite should be off by the time I get there but by the end of the day I should know where I want to start tomorrow. Wish me luck I'm shooting for :( 2 pounds!

Chilli

I would strongly suggest taking your tent along it's amazing what you will miss if you can't see your bait. I've found these perch crappie and sunfish are biting so light that if you don't watch them take the bait your chances of hooking up are pretty slim. This high pressure is probally the biggest factor hopefully this rain and warmer temps will turn things around until then I think i'm gonna try some river fishin :(

Guest Brad_c

uuhhh no... its on the Canadian side, in crystal beach area... you know wherer the bertie bay boat club is? or the buffalo canoe club?... its in that area (Point Abino)

Guest chilli

gullssmall.jpg Well no bites :Gonefishing: Beauty day and the mass amount of fishing space is finally giving me the boating itch. I really want a motor now. I'm looking forward to floating around in that harbor for hours on end this summer, fish or no fish.

Against all advice I walked past the grain elevators to the first green bouy near the lighthouse. Drilled a couple holes and dropped some bait down till I got what I really wanted tied on then fished awhile. Looking back my footprints were the only sign that anyone had been there yet. Not a bite :angry:

Packed up and hauled my Sh*t across the gull metropolis and even stopped to scare them up for some pictures.gullstirsmall.jpg Got some Beauty shots but if you got dailup, DON'T click on the thumbs. They're 1024x768. The guys right in sugar loaf were catching lots of bluegills etc early morn but I was afetr the 2 pounder. I tried right at the back 15 feet and 40 feet from the breakwall and nothing. Tried Buckshot with a large minnow and pickeral rig with small hooks and not one bite :angry:

I'll be hitting Abino in the morning and for those that don't know where that is take highway 3 to point Abino road and drive to the Lake. Hope the weathers the same but the fishing is better!

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

Outstanding report Chilli!

To bad about the fish,but you really don't need to catch fish to enjoy fishing :Gonefishing:

Don't you win a prize for the smallest Perch??

Let me know when you have a day for soft water.

Archived