Impression of the Toronto Sportsmans Show

Guest Superdad

Guest Superdad

Laker John and I drove from Kingston to Oshawa on Wed AM to catch the GO to Exhibition for this years show. Opening day crowds were thin, which is good as the traffic will pick up as the weekend nears.

We did our thing, which consists of going up and down each row and checking things out as we see them.

There were considerably less vendors hawking things like sock, t-shirts, potato peelers(slicers and dicers etc)

Some of GTA's fishing vendors weren't therebut LeBarons is back, Fishing World (Quinte Sponsor) has a good area of items, and there were some that I didn't recognize but a large assortment of fishing tackle.

I couldn't find the right color of the lure I was looking for, but have several places that will order what I want - lots of time til the fall.

All the major boats were represented and even found a minute to talk to Tom Gustar at Boatland Canada about the Quinte Fishing - always a pleasure.

The two loudest spots in the show were the Shimano and Fish-TV areas with lots of volume.

Everone should pick up a copy of Big Jim's latest paper as there's an article about releasing large fish, co-written by a Quinte board member. Available near the Fish-TV and the big Fish Tank.

The Hunting area used to be the area for the dog show, but that has moved into the big section at the east end of the Grand Hall.

From what we saw, there were less things being sold, although you can buy LOTS of tackle and lures and Boats and motors and find the trip of a lifetime. There were some very nice locations advertising their fishing and hunting.

Best part of the day was a meeting at the beer Garden with some Quinte/Niagara Fishers. We met for a glass and some chat about fishing. It was a pleasure to think about the upcoming season and the fun we'll have. Especially if you have a NEWer Boat.........

All in all a good show and very worthwhile.

Guest Jeetmuck

Thanks Superdad,

I am getting out there on Friday for the evening, not really looking for anything but always interested in new reels and seeing what may be the new hot items for the year.

Archived