Looking for a partner

Guest chilli

Hey Chilli: I will meet you out at the old ramp before bertie for 7:30-8:00. I'm driving a black 2004 Serria. Hope to see you there. I will have my 15 year old nephew with me. Good fishing. Scottydog

Guest chilli

Scottydog sorry if I stood you up. I was there around 7 and drilled three holes but couldn't find the trench. My auger is so dull now I couldn't fish after that without a break. Tried one hole and was gone by 8. I went to Point A for a bit and a nice fellow helped me drill a hole which I pulled some smelts through. I have to see about renting an auger for the morning and parking at Port C for a few hours if your interested.

By the way anyone reading this Point Abino is really starting to break up. The ice breaker went through the lake and it is starting to move. Looks like a snowmobile went through right at the end of the slip. I'll post a couple pics later today.

Guest Jeetmuck

Oh no, that sounds like an ice fisherman retiring for the season...sell everything then you have a great reason to buy that power auger for next year. LOL.

Guest chilli

Here's a few pics to show what I mean about the break up. That ice is noisy. Lots of cracking and bubbling noises. didn't seem to bother the smelts. Lost the only big one at the whole. Kept half a dozen for a side dish later.

end.jpg

I see snowmobile tracks on either side of this open water.

oops.jpg

but not sure how many made it but it looks like maybe one didn't.

through.jpg

All in all it was a bad morning of fishing.

Hey Chilli: Sorry about not hooking up. I ended up at the canal and then port colborne. My nephew was a little slow going this morning. We managed about six decent keepers, perch. We will try again. I have a power auger. Not sure how long the ice will be around. 12 inches of ice on canal and port. Good fishing. Scottydog

Archived