Nov 11/09 GB tribbin

packrat

Been awhile but decided to give it another shot.

Trip started off in grand style as usual----get up to Arthur, take the SHORT CUT and wind up back at Mt Forest <_<:angry: Enough of this so keep going to Durham so cant miss the turn off there :rolleyes:

So called SHORT CUT has now stretched what is usually 2 1/2 hour drive into a 3 plus trip.

Stop for brekkie first then decide to scout around-----only people we saw were fisihng the harbour and except for one, nothing was being caught. Head over to our fav spot and the place was deserted, in all the years I've fished there never seen it vacant.

So we start to rig up and while we were doing that some guy snuck in and started fishing the hole. Makes a few casts and comes up with a nice one 3#. He leaves so we take over---not there fifteen minutes, turn around and Ollie hollering for the net, comes up with this one:

IMG_0126.jpg

Just hate that stupid grin on his face -_-

Encouraged by all this we stick it out for THREE more hours, change up colours and size, even tossed a small skunk qwikfish at the them and-------------------nothing.

By now its going on noonish, so stop once more for something to eat and decide to wander on over to Tanglebury where we got the real surprise of the day. Here it is the middle of the week, beautiful day and again----------------the place is deserted. Cant understand it, flow looked better then I've seen it for a long time. Couple of pics:

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

That was the extent of our day, drive home was uneventful-----didnt get lost.

Have to rack my brain now to try and figure out where I can get a "steel" fix :dunno:

Been awhile but decided to give it another shot.

Trip started off in grand style as usual----get up to Arthur, take the SHORT CUT and wind up back at Mt Forest <_<:angry: Enough of this so keep going to Durham so cant miss the turn off there :rolleyes:

So called SHORT CUT has now stretched what is usually 2 1/2 hour drive into a 3 plus trip.

The shortcut is Grey County Rd 14, you need to stay on it till you come out just west of Priceville, there are some 90 degree turns but follow the signs. Love that country up there, nice pics.

The shortcut is Grey County Rd 14, you need to stay on it till you come out just west of Priceville, there are some 90 degree turns but follow the signs. Love that country up there, nice pics.

Yup that's the one we take. Even tho we came back that way still dont know how/why we did a big loop and came out at M F :lol:

Archived